Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brownsworthy's first! The DM -1S

Yep, the slots line up fine when that first notch is on the first fret.

I knew it was for checking the level of the fretboard before leveling the frets just assumed there was an issue because it didn't line up.

Again thanks for your help mate, as you can tell I'll need all the help I can get on this build haha!

Not having a shot, but lets keep the language g rated chaps 😁

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

No worries Dingo sorry mate, I got a little animated when I realized what fool I was.

I did exactly the same thing when I first got one too mate - right of passage

5. Liked by: Brownsworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsworthy View Post
    Nope, I'm a GOOSE! Bah hahaha

Frankie is spot on. I watched a YouTube video of a bloke with a rule that went to the nut and, when I checked mine, instantly assumed there was an issue with the guitar or rule. As it turns out the only issue was the fool trying to use the tool he does not know how to use!

Thanks heapsfor your help Wokka and Frankie and I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time. If anything I hope you got a good laugh out of it I did.
    All good bud, it’s what the forum is here for. It’s not like you did anything really stupid like, strip the fretboard and reshape the tenon on your EXA kit, screw the Dingo tone coats up four times, and wire your emgs the wrong way around.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

7. Liked by: Brownsworthy

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    All good bud, it’s what the forum is here for. It’s not like you did anything really stupid like, strip the fretboard and reshape the tenon on your EXA kit, screw the Dingo tone coats up four times, and wire your emgs the wrong way around.
    Or drop your finished body before wiring it up and attaching the neck 90cm onto concrete. All been there .

9. Liked by: Brownsworthy

Or pulling your guitar out of the bin and spending three or four hours scraping the ruined topcoat off of it before starting again...

This is turning into the Cautionary Tale Thread!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Gave the DM'1S a wipe over and eyed off all the glue marks today. I could see a couple of glue marks before the damp wipe over though after I noticed a bead near right the way round the beading so off to bunnings I went and grabbed some goof off and wire brushes.

On the way home I decided to drop into the local and have a couple of feral hop hogs to drown my sorrows and when I returned home decided to leave the glue work until tomorrow and just did a bit of sanding and bit more sanding then a little more sandingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-27 20.32.35.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	790.0 KB 
ID:	23794

It's amazing how many small marks you don't notice until you start sanding on a whole though it's a pretty good canvas to start with and am quite happy with how it's coming along after an hour or so of sanding.

I'm a little apprehensive about the glue removal to come as I don't want to ruin the binding or veneer so I will take it rather slow and meticulously.

Started with the glue removal today with the goof off most areas look quite good though one spot concerned me a little as there is a small crack in the veneer which looks as though it was filled with glue and don't want to work it to much for fear of lifting the veneer.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-28 15.14.50.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	844.8 KB 
ID:	23797

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast