Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 GOTM

Battle of the GR1SF's is on. Awsome jobs to both of you
    Builds to date
    #1, 3 string box guitar
    #2, GR-1SF, November guitar of the month 2016
    #3, Charvel Surfcaster tribute scratch build. ( Completed )
    #4, Pawn shop Strat ( Completed )
    #5, Current build MM-1Q

2. Liked by: Swanny

Man, those two GR entries are spectacular!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

4. Liked by: Swanny

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Very hard to split those hollow bodies. Be interesting to see what the judges have to say this month.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

6. Liked by: Swanny

Great work everyone, this is a ripper month for builds

8. Liked by: Swanny

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Very hard to split those hollow bodies. Be interesting to see what the judges have to say this month.
    Hard to go past your Tele Sonic, very understated. I like it a lot
    Builds to date
    #1, 3 string box guitar
    #2, GR-1SF, November guitar of the month 2016
    #3, Charvel Surfcaster tribute scratch build. ( Completed )
    #4, Pawn shop Strat ( Completed )
    #5, Current build MM-1Q

10. Liked by: Swanny

shhhh... if you're very quiet Brendan won't notice the date.
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by JB RETRO View Post
    Hard to go past your Tele Sonic, very understated. I like it a lot
    "tis a very tidy unit, that Tele!
    1st build - Blue ES-12G ->-Build Diary-<-

2nd build - Father/Son collaboration MB-1 ->-Build Diary-<-

3rd build - GR-SF1 ->-Build Diary-<-

4th build - FS-1 ->-Build Diary-<-

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words guys, it is on a plane as we speak (or as I type) to its new owner in Darwin. I'm definitely doing one for myself at some point it was a real blast to play.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    shhhh... if you're very quiet Brendan won't notice the date.
    Yep - sorry guys - comps closed. Will get next month's up and running shortly.

So, with the results in... to the adjudicator's comments, unfiltered and unadulterated...

Sonic Mountain's TL-1M - A fairly straight forward build, but saying that undermines the quality evident here. Superb colour choice, flawless finish and clearly well put together. Love that logo too. Great effort.
    Clean, simple, beautiful & well executed
    You gotta love the TL kits, they never cease to please. Glad you sorted the top horn Sonic. fantastic paint job that even Jarrod would appreciate. all stock except for grover tuners if I am not mistaken. Great modern take on a classic guitar. well done Sonic.
    Great looking Tele, lovely finish - love the blue. Nice to see what can be done with a standard kit.
    A nice clean tasty Tele. The blue is a great colour and works nicely with the Maple, chrome and white. Surprisingly, for me, I love the headstock shape and it has a great logo to go with it. Very nice.
    Nice clean, simple version of a classic shape. Love single ply scratch plates too. Beautiful shade of blue and well finished. Just not a fan of enlarged headstock.

Dedman custom RD - Not a fan of the RD shape, but this one is a definite exception. Once again, Dedman has nailed all the fine details. Great colour scheme and a nice set of well thought out upgrades.
    As always a clever & unique build from Dedman. I can't fault anything here.
    Well here we go again, its a custom kit so unique. love the walnut and brass combo and the binding just sets it off. Its a little bit brighter than the usual Dedman style (lol) but she's a beaut.
    Great job reviving the guitar, to make something really eye catching. Lots of work here, well done
    Another unique build with all the Dedman touches. The colour looks great, especially on the neck (wow) and works well with the gold and brass. Some great hardware upgrades and custom additions. It doesn't really grab me overall, yet remains strangely compelling.
    You can always count on Dedman for something a bit left of centre and this one doesn’t disappoint with open back tuners, custom brass control plate and truss rod covers, plus unique pickup, bridge, tail stop and control knobs. Not black but dark enough to be another Dedman classic.

Buzzard's LP-1SSP - That orange really pops! A fine choice to bring out the somewhat lacklustre spalt patterning. Would have liked to see some shaping on the headstock. Who doesn't love P90s? Looking sharp, keep it up!
    Shaping the headstock would have made a huge difference. Otherwise a strong effort.
    Great job Buzzard. Dingotone Outback sunset with black P90's....mmmmmm. I know the labour of love to finish it in Dingotone so well done to you. sir. I know you'll build another one so i only hope for a build diary next time.
    Great job despite the finish issues, a classy axe. Would look good with a logo.
    I love a P90 LP build. Nice colour that works well with the black hardware, although it looks like the binding could use a little more scraping in places. Finish is generally good, perhaps some lingering glue along the edge of the cap. The choice of not shaping the headstock does detract from it for me, but it's still a nice build.
    Nice colour and good to see some P90’s fitted in a LP for a change. DT curing issues are evident on close up of headstock and I am OK with ‘no-shaping’ look however a logo and better truss rod cover wouldn’t go astray.

Adam Barnes' GR-1SF - Shiny!! Beautifully finished and put together. The truss cover mimicking the headstock is really clever. Nice list of upgrades, I bet it sounds sweet.
    Superb! Lovely glossy finish. Unique truss rod cover. A lot to be proud of.
    This two tone beauty is just drop dead gorgeous. the figuring on the maple front and back is a treat. I bet it plays well with those bourns minis and gretsch blacktop filtertrons. Twang central! I'm aboard!
    super classy build with great upgrades make this a pro quality job - nice work indeed
    Talk about bringing out the grain, that right there is an advertisement for Dingotone. I love the way the top and back look, just fantastic. I'm not sold on the black sides and neck, a bit too much maybe, but the colour may look different in person. Interesting truss rod cover. Great hardware upgrades and awesome overall look.
    Wow, what a stunner. This came up looking great from every angle. Nice touch with the custom shaped truss rod cover and cool lopo. Also like how back of neck matched and blended in with colour of vertical sides. Should sound great with those upgrades.

Swanny's GR-1SF - I want this one. Excellent fit and finish. Everything works together to create more than the sum of it's parts. Sublime.
    Another great job. I'd suggest upgrading the truss rod cover to one that's not straight lines and angles.
    Another quality build from Swanny. Nice work with the braided wire loom and tonewood amp mod. Not a massive fan of the stamp pad ink colours on this one, but its certainly different. The gloss on this beast is second to none. Nice work Swanny.
    what a great job, another pro quality GR1, cant split these, nice work , nice sensible upgrades the are well improved over stock without breaking the bank
    Great custom burgundy colour on the top, in fact I think I would have liked it on the back too. The back colour looks great the way it's the highlighted the grain but seems a bit patchier on the neck. I suspect the colour changes a lot depending on the light/angle. Nice hardware and upgrades. Excellent build.
    Another stunner and very hard to separate these two Falcon entries, even the same font was used for their logos! True Queenslander top colour with a great antique side and back look too. Gone for a more classic look with the scratch plate, just needed a better truss rod cover shape to fit in with the rest.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast