Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JohnH's Parasit Studio pedals

JohnH's Parasit Studio pedals

Just got these two PCB's from Parasit Studios (www.parasitstudio.se/original-effects.html). Super cheap postage, and they came in about a week (which is quicker than I can get some of my work supplies from Melbourne - go figure)

I bought the U-235 Suboctave Generator, and the Darkadiator. Pretty excited to build both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9002[1] small.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	645.2 KB 
ID:	23340

I'm also kind of keen to try their Theremin Fuzz, New wave CV Generator, and Into the unknown, but will have to see how I go time/money-wise.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Finished the U-235 Suboctave Generator. It's pretty epic. The detuned option is probably my fave, and the single octave down is pretty great. I'm also a huge fan of the two octave option, but it's super rumbly so it might not be to everyone's taste.

Looking forward to finishing the other now.
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Gotta laugh at the designation... The real U-235 was quite a famous WW2 German submarine, and Suboctave is not a too distant side step in naming.

Any sound bites for us to have a listen of ???

I thought the U-235 rang a bell, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Of course, I was too lazy to google it.

Out of town this weekend, but will try to record something when I get back to Canberra. I'm liking it a lot though; definitely recommend.
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Finished boxing up the Darkadiator last night. Took me awhile to get it working in the box because of some trouble with a rough solder joint, but nothing too tedious.

It definitely needs a boost of some kind if you're playing with single coils, otherwise there's zero sustain (at least with my set up). At the minute I'm trying to get enough boost that there's great fuzz/sustain while simultaneously avoiding introducing too much hum. Tbh I don't think I'll manage it with the guitar I have, but I'll try it out at my uncle's next week as he has a bunch of guitars so I can see if humbuckers/active pickups make much difference.
    Last edited by JohnH; 15-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Is the 'Darkadiator' an OD??

I would have though it is more as octaver/phaser effect pedal due to the Octave switch and rate/width controls... A thickener rather than a distorter...

Their website describes it as 'a discrete (fully transistor based) glitchy and gated fuzz with PWM, octave down and LFO modulation.'

https://www.parasitstudio.se/darkadiator.html
    #002 (WL-1)
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

'The TGS Special'

Allrighty then....

Must be a lot going on inside that stomp box.... By the description there would be a pretty growly warbly fuzz with everything dialled up and switched in...

Yeah, it's certainly a dirty fuzz (my kind of fuzz to be honest). I'm enjoying playing with the modulation too.

I built their theremin fuzz yesterday - it can be built one of two ways, and I built the minimal version (just theremin, no fuzz). It's really wild, and sounds great. I can see myself having a lot of fun with it

There is quite a range of pedals on the Parasit site. Plenty of Fuzz and distortion versions. Could keep some people amused for years...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast