Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to find same Ernie Ball strings?

Where to find same Ernie Ball strings?

HI All.. Wasnt sure where to post this?

I really like the Ernie Ball Custom Gauge strings that ship with Pitbull kits.. **Im not actually sure all guitars ship with the same strings, but I have seen build logs with photos of the same.

They are - Ernie Ball Custom Gauge 11-46.

Im assuming Pitbull buy in bulk. However I cannot find the similar string on the Ernie Ball website.

Can anyone point be in the right direction?
    https://www.ernieball.com.au/guitar-...guitar-strings

Overlord of Music
    Interesting, the Ernie Ball strings I've gotten in the past have been a regular 9 - 42 set (I can't use them, too skinny). I don't think EB make a set that is 11-46. Closest I can find is Power Slinkies which are 11-48.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Unfortunately I threw out the pack.. BUt im pretty sure the image in this build includes the strings I got.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=8021

Yeah, I think 11-48 is going to be the closest you can get in a set. If you wanted to do 11-46, you'd probably have to do it with individual strings. You can buy individual strings at a local music store or a lot of online retailers. Maybe someone with that set can give you the sizes.

Both of my builds came with a standard 9-42 Super Slinky set.

My latest kit came with 9-42 super slinkys, not sure what the Chinese ones are but I only use them for initial setup

Go online and buy 'em in bulk from Strings Direct, or similar - they wind up coating about $8 a set.
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel

I use 10-46 on my strat you can really hammer the 46 string search ebay 3 X Electric Guitar Strings 10-46 Nickel Wound Regular 3 Pack DP Stage EG010 when I build my Tele I will be going to 11-52 and tuning up to open G I can hear the neck Straining already.
    MG D'addario EXL116 Electric 11-52 Guitar Strings Set Medium Top/ Heavy Bottom Nickel Wound.
    9 s just twang to easy when I am constantly changing the tuning. Soon I will have a chorus of PBG's and no need to re tune.

Check with Adam - adam dot boyle at pitbullguitars dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainfaced View Post
    HI All.. Wasnt sure where to post this?

I really like the Ernie Ball Custom Gauge strings that ship with Pitbull kits.. **Im not actually sure all guitars ship with the same strings, but I have seen build logs with photos of the same.

They are - Ernie Ball Custom Gauge 11-46.

Im assuming Pitbull buy in bulk. However I cannot find the similar string on the Ernie Ball website.

Can anyone point be in the right direction?
    https://www.ernieball.com.au/guitar-...guitar-strings
    Hi Plainfaced, the set in your kit is 10-46, Regular Slinky. As a rule, we generally include 9-46 with all solid body kits and 10-46 with hollow body kits. Sometimes we might be out of one or the other, so we include what we have.

I've not heard of 11-46, but I'm sure someone does them, somewhere.

Edit: D'oh. I just tool a look at your photo again and, yes, they are a Custom Gauge, 11-46.

I'm assuming this is just a happy mistake.

I will ask my CMC contact if we can get a few sets of these for you.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Check with Adam - adam dot boyle at pitbullguitars dot com.
    No dot in the first part Brendan... I only get to a dot in my Gov address.

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars(dot)com
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast