Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JCM800 clone w/ mods!

Haven't had much of a chance to do anything with this project lately due to the kids and wife sharing their germs with me.

However, this evening I DID manage to do the turret board ready to mount all the components. Its not as straight as I had hoped, as it turns out permanent marker pen doesn't actually stick to PTFE board.

Hopefully the plan for tomorrow/this week will be to mount the components to the board and start fixing the hardware to the chassis. I've decided to just leave the chassis as is, instead of trying to paint it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turret board.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	23223  

Not trying to be mean or anything, but your turret board looks like a Friday night after the pub special.... certainly has character that shouldn't affect the sound...

The amp looks cool so far, I'm interested in checking out the demo once it's posted, feel free check out my DIY Valve amp head thread and add comments if you like.

I'm going to be building the circuitry on a Turret Board too, since I've always wanted to try making a Turret Board, my amp is going to be a 50 watt Soldano SLO style amp.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 13-11-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Sorry for the delayed reply, my family seem to have been passing around the same flu and sickness bug for weeks now!

Unfortunately Marcel, I am more practical than pretty.

In the short time I've been well, I have been well, I have managed to mount all the hardware to the chassis.

DrNomis_44, that sounds like a good project! I do love the Soldano SLO amps. Have you visited http://www.slocloneforums.com, there is a wealth of information and friendly people on there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChassisHardware.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	23686  

LOL.... Yeah, I'm with you on that.... my best at pretty isn't always that pretty.... main thing is always 'so long as it works', and it's super nice if it works well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ik7 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed reply, my family seem to have been passing around the same flu and sickness bug for weeks now!

Unfortunately Marcel, I am more practical than pretty.

In the short time I've been well, I have been well, I have managed to mount all the hardware to the chassis.

DrNomis_44, that sounds like a good project! I do love the Soldano SLO amps. Have you visited http://www.slocloneforums.com, there is a wealth of information and friendly people on there.

Yep, been to the Sloclone forum quite a few times, I think I even signed-up as a member too, that's where I got the schematics pdfs from that I'm using in my Sloclone 50 build, i did manage to make some more progress on it, basically fit some new beefier toggle switches, Led indicators, 1/4 inch sockets, and black pointer knobs to the chassis, oh and a new 1MA (Log) pot as well, next year I'll sort out ordering all the components and stuff I need to start building all the internal circuitry.

Update:

Turns out I am indeed a member of the Sloclone forum, I just sorted out my login details so I could login again as I had forgotten my last password, anyway it's all good, I might see if there are any new and updated Sloclone schematics and layouts available.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 14-12-2017 at 07:45 AM.

My Sloclone 50 amp isn't exactly what you'd call a work of art either, if I was able to I'd make some changes to the chassis layout so that it balances better when the amp is being carried by it's handle (not attached to the wooden cabinet at the moment).

Here's what it's currently looking like so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sloclone 50 A_resized.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	23688

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    LOL.... Yeah, I'm with you on that.... my best at pretty isn't always that pretty.... main thing is always 'so long as it works', and it's super nice if it works well...
    Wee bit of fibbing going in there Marcel. ;PI submit your collective build works as evidence in contrast to your statement.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Wee bit of fibbing going in there Marcel. ;PI submit your collective build works as evidence in contrast to your statement.
    All I'll say is 'Photos lie.!!'... All too often what is in a photo doesn't always match the reality. Then again maybe I have that talent at hiding the faults through a photograph...

Dr_Nomis, I love the plexiglass front of you amp. Home made definitely has more character...and people can tell when Ive made them!!

I've decided on a Jensen C12R for the speaker to go in the combo. I'm not really a fan of the Vintage 30 or Greenbacks...which is weird when I'm the right side of the pond!
    Last edited by Ik7; 15-12-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast