Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is there a paint(spray)/lacquer for applying on a fretboard?

Here is another option:
    Use whatever means to ebonize the fretboard you like - ink, another technique, whatever. Do what you need to do to make it black.
    There should be little need to mask the frets - as most substances will find it difficult;t to permanently stick to the metal of the frets - and even less so if you polish them first. A very fine grade sandpaper should remove most traces of any substance on the frets - mask and polish as you would if doing a fret dress.
    Simply replace the fret dots with polished black plastic. Many older guitars had plastic fret dots and they worked fine...
    This would give you a matte black fretboard and gloss black dots.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Here is another option:
    Use whatever means to ebonize the fretboard you like - ink, another technique, whatever. Do what you need to do to make it black.
    There should be little need to mask the frets - as most substances will find it difficult;t to permanently stick to the metal of the frets - and even less so if you polish them first. A very fine grade sandpaper should remove most traces of any substance on the frets - mask and polish as you would if doing a fret dress.
    Simply replace the fret dots with polished black plastic. Many older guitars had plastic fret dots and they worked fine...
    This would give you a matte black fretboard and gloss black dots.
    But I want a matte fretboard except for the fretboard between the 2nd and 3th fret, the 4th and the 5th, 6th and 7th and so on. These area's on the fretboard must be gloss black (and no dotmarkers).
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Quote Originally Posted by corsair View Post
    Yep; sorry about the delay; I'll get some up tomorrow!
    Ok... new account - the old one was being a little hesitant in letting me on from our desktop, and spat the dummy, hence the new handle!

I've got some photos of the neck but unsure how to proceed now. Is there an image program in here, or do I have to look for an outboard one?

In the meantime, go here...

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/

... then go to Members Westones and, then put Spectrum MX Trans red into the search engine.. that's mine.
    Last edited by corsair5517; 03-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.

I have tried but I think I can only see the Members section when you have an account ont that forum.

But I have seen the trans Blue and it is lookking quite nice
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Quote Originally Posted by Kick View Post
    But I want a matte fretboard except for the fretboard between the 2nd and 3th fret, the 4th and the 5th, 6th and 7th and so on. These area's on the fretboard must be gloss black (and no dotmarkers).
    Ahh, sorry, reread this...
    You could put in big block markers that take up the whole section.... tricky idea, good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3