Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Daves SG Build Whist Waiting for the clear to dry on my LP

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    nice one Dave its come up a treat. Don't forget to peel off the white stickers back of tuners.
    So is this an all stock hardware build ?

Like how you have worked the black burst to the neck heel and other side of control cavity
    Yep full stock build peeled the stickers off when I saw them in the photos. I may look at a different set of pickups in the future also the 1st fret is to low and are causing me to raise the bridge to remove the buzz on the 2nd fret when I bar strings 1-3 on the first fret. More leveling required.Still setting her up.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC64 View Post
    Yep full stock build peeled the stickers off when I saw them in the photos. I may look at a different set of pickups in the future also the 1st fret is to low and are causing me to raise the bridge to remove the buzz on the 2nd fret when I bar strings 1-3 on the first fret. More leveling required.Still setting her up.
    The 2nd fret buzz was mostly caused by the truss rod I have backed it off the head had gone to far back. Still fret work required. It's buzzing all over but the 2nd fret is ok and I have got the bridge low again. Now to get the action low fast and clean.

Sent from my A101 using Tapatalk

My Action is way to high and I can not lower the bridge any more so looks like the dremel is coming out unless any one has another Idea.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Have you done any work on the nut end? Although if the bridge is already adjusted all the way down it doesn't seem right.

What does the angle on the neck look like where it deviates from the body?
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Have you done any work on the nut end? Although if the bridge is already adjusted all the way down it doesn't seem right.

What does the angle on the neck look like where it deviates from the body?
    I have worked the nut set the torsion bar to slightly bow forward 1/64 clearance at the middle of the neck when fretted on the first and last fret. It all looks perfect I had to take <2mm of the bottom of the bridge I used a hack saw then cleaned up with the dremel. It is much better now the only other way would require removing the neck and taking a small wedge out with sand paper to make it lean back more. As I said earlier in the build the neck was a bit of a loose fit not like my LP which was tight. I will keep an eye on it in case it is a neck failure in progress the bridge can not go any lower now or else it will sit the body. I also don't like the way the neck was assembled at the shoulder. a thin piece of mahogany glued to the neck it may be stronger than a single piece but I do not know.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5