Thread: Has anyone bought from ThetopGuitars?

Has anyone bought from ThetopGuitars?

I came across this company that has a custom shop, making whole guitars and kits.

I'm considering buying, but I need a second opinion first.

Basically a Chinese company mainly selling knock-off copies. These are guitars designed to fool other people (obviously not the original buyer) into thinking that the guitar is original and have names like Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker etc. on the headstock. Very illegal and very immoral. If customs inspected the package and opened it up, it is very likely they would destroy it as counterfeit goods.

If you want them to make you a custom guitar to your own spec and with your own logo on it, then fair enough, but I wouldn't want to support a Chinese company mainly making counterfeit products.

And they have a terrible website.

I know it seems tempting to buy a custom guitar that expresses who you are but believe me, don't even bother wasting your time. Expensive, time consuming, pain in the backside.

Yeah, thanks for the response. I checked with a friend who had bought from them, and bought a 4003-style bass (with the knowledge it was a fake).

He tells me the wood quality is okay, but don't expect anything spectacular from electronics.

If I'm honest, I'd rather just buy a warmoth or order a body and neck from Pitbull than deal with this site.

Come on, there's literally 40 different listings for the same bass! "4003 4 strings neck-through construction Lemmy bass"