Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Private Collection

There is a Gibson J-200 Elvis Presley signature model just like above currently for sale in Melbourne for AUS$8700.

I love the sound of a strummed J-200, they hold there value, although some people think there used J-200's are worth a lot more than they are when they are no particular vintage and place stupid amounts on then, only to feel disappointment when they don't get that.....I mean just look at the current Aus price of a new one [Discounted Aus $5600..RRP Aus$7500 ]

Those look like original early 80's USA made Adamas guitars, I found quite a few of those for sale just like them in Japan while searching unsuccessfully for a decent 12 string version just last week.... ones like the Blue one go for around Aus $4,000 to $4500.

The Brown one looks like a shallow bodied Glen Campbell model, nice guitar if the bridge isn't lifting due to the belly warping [they built the tops very light], which is the main concern with all Ovations, not particularly valuable, as they made lots of them.

The Telecaster is definitely the star of that lot.
    Looks like it's been well used to boot, which adds to it's charm IMHO.
    I'm hoping that not solid maple body with Birdseye Maple veneer, as it would make a Les Paul feel like a Uke in weight comparison.
    I remember seeing a Guitar Player magazine in the early eighties with Keith Richards on the cover holding something similar, although I don't think it was actually made by Fender.

The Tele looks very thin, so it may well be a maple body, with the thickness reduced to compensate.

That resonator guitar looks like it'd be worth a fair bit, I've always liked the sound of resonators and I got to see some National Resophonics "in the flesh" so to speak, when a musician called Bob Brosman visited the music department at uni one year, I've got some fond memories of that.

Hey Adam, any chance of Pitbull Guitars doing a resonator guitar kit at some stage?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2