Thread: Starting My First Kit Build a DM-1S

Starting My First Kit Build a DM-1S

Hello all, just need to get the best way ahead with the nut on my recently received DM-1S kit. Not the best as seen in these photos. Basically just after the headstock drops away there is at least a 1mm gap right under and across the front of the nut where it does not touch the headstock, will this sort itself out with string tension etc or do I have a problem? TIA for any useful help. Paul in Port Kennedy WA — hopefully this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Update time for the first timers to PBG's, on sound advice provided by Adam in the first instance then supported by Simon a new neck and body are on the way as of tomorrow via Aus Post and that includes return costs for the original parts covered as well. Thank you both as this support helps us newbies out so so much. SO STAY TUNED.

Right O dumb ques No 1 is it recommended to use the finest grade Wet and Dry to clear the machine marks etc from the black binding prior to starting the clear finish? if not any advice is gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Paul D; 10-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Afraid your FB privacy settings for the photos is probably for friends only. So you may have to change the settings for the album before we can see it.

Try that now Simon. thanks.

Still getting a "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment" message.

So how about now, I just cant get the piccies small enough for this forum.

Yes, I can see them now. You need a photo editor to reduce the pixel size of the photos. I use Photoshop Elements (other editors should have a similar feature) but you can find free utilities on line to do it as well.

Yes, I see what you mean. You've got some broken binding there as well as the top of the headstock not being filed down enough before the nut was fitted.

I'd email Adam and see what he says. If it was me and just the nut, then I'd remove the nut, file down the headstock there so that the nut sat a bit lower and was fully supported. But I wouldn't like the broken binding at all and would like a replacement neck that solved both issues.

Many Thanks Simon I shall take your advice and contact Adam.