Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Build Diary of my RD kit

Is it a glitter like finish you're going for? https://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-ole...paint_p1580800

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Pretty sure he's in France, but I imagine you could get Rustoleum there somewhere.

Hi, and first of all, Happy New Year!!
    Here I'm finally back on the forum again!!

The end of last year have been crazy. I had no real time for myself, between the amount of work in my job during the "season greetings" time, and the stuffs I had to prepare for some holidays abroad. This time, we ( my girlfriend & I ) went to Cabo Verde for 2 weeks, and it was perfect to take all of this stress away, and basically thinking about nothing, and just enjoying to discover a new part of the world!

I managed to work a bit on my guitar on these monthes, but had really no time to share it with you all.
    That's why I'm here for, now!
    My RD is almost finished, I just need to put a logo on it, on the headstock, and to set up the bridge.
    My strings are too far from the neck, but when I put them down, it's buzing on to many notes; I may have to set up the neck as well, but I don't want to touch that, I'm too scared. I think I'm gonna go to a professional shop to get it done correctly.

As you'll see on the pictures, I've found a beautiful truss rod cover, the stuff around the switch (I don't know how to name it) comes from the same seller, and I had 1 red skull knob left at home, so I put it on the volume knob. I think that's suits fine with the style of the guitar I made.
    Surprisingly, everything works fine in the electronic parts, I know that wasn't the most difficult configuration to do, but my last attempt at soldering something, was more than 20 years ago!!!
    Tell me what you think about it, this is my Rock N Roll Glam Guitar, and I really love her!!!

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    It looks really good! Don't be to scared to have a go at setup your self. It takes a bit of patience (and a few goes usually), but it is well worth it to know how to do it yourself.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Looks great!

Thanks guys!!!

Sonic Mountain, I'm gonna watch a few tutorials on "how to set up a guitar" to see if this makes me a bit more confident about this all thing. Like you said, it's good to how to do it by yourself!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast