Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Issue with Screw quality on supplied hardware

I probably spent $10 buying high quality stainless screws to mount pickup covers, tailpiece, strap buttons and tuning machines. I got them in lots of 50 or 100 so I have many more than I need, and am happy to share...

They were not expensive, and I figured any of the no name Chinese parts I *dont* need to replace are great.

If Schaller sends me crap screws I'd be angry. I have to say tho, when I now have two basses with cheap Chinese tuners that work as well as my Schallers I am just delighted to change out the screws.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Probably very true. Yet if the factory know that a supplier is selling them poor goods, then surely they should be doing something about that supplier?
    and as is the way of that land they would go to the supplier and say "We need better screws" and the supplier would say what the factory wants to hear. "OK we will do that" and then do nothing.

As a couple of knife companies I used to deal with found out, the only way they could get constant 100% QC was to have someone actually calling on the company regularly and unexpectedly. They CAN make stuff as well as anyone on the planet but the corner cutting ethos runs deep.
    Last edited by Dedman; 08-09-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

You can also use Lip Eze instead of wax or soap to lubricate the screws so that they have less of a tendency to break.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3