Thread: Books

Books

Not quite sure if this is the right thread to post this but...

I remember reading in one of the thread re a book everyone seemed to like, oldish one but a fairly new edition just out, cannot for the life of me find it or remember the name, know it was about general upkeep and repairs, also think it had a section on chords, notes etc, in otherwords bit of a manual, any hints or recommendations?

I have an old copy of the "Guitar Handbook". Excellent textbook with guitar history, scales, chords, maintenance, wiring, all sorts of stuff. There has been a later edition released too.

Yep; the Ralph Denyer "Guitar Handbook" was my go-to for many, many years...
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel

Thanks guys, thats the one

I've got a copy of the updated version of the Ralph Denyer Guitar Handbook, definitely a good read for the music theory section it contains, there's also a great little diy preamp project too, I've built it before and it does work pretty well.

Great book, got it off Amazon for a few quid second hand, not that you would know it.... looks brand new..one careful owner..