Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Joes Custom IB-1 Kit

Yes, I have a compressor and all the gear, but it's simply not worth dragging it all out for something so small.
    I like the Cabots poly clear on timber. On colour I hear good things about Dunlop Duramax clear, I have used rustoleum clear with good results on colour. Problem is it takes ages to go off, it patience is a virtue so they say! Of course it is really a good idea to stick wiht one brand and paint type on a project to reduce the risk of reactions.
    Loads of people use auto acrylics which are great, but I'm not convinced they age as well as enamels, although I'm no expert here!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyxlh View Post
    Yes, I have a compressor and all the gear, but it's simply not worth dragging it all out for something so small.
    I like the Cabots poly clear on timber. On colour I hear good things about Dunlop Duramax clear, I have used rustoleum clear with good results on colour. Problem is it takes ages to go off, it patience is a virtue so they say! Of course it is really a good idea to stick wiht one brand and paint type on a project to reduce the risk of reactions.
    Loads of people use auto acrylics which are great, but I'm not convinced they age as well as enamels, although I'm no expert here!
    Generally enamel paint lasts longer than acrylic

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6