Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Melkors LPM-1L

Cool Melkors LPM-1L

Well, my first project has arrived. Quick (but not comprehensive) dry fit shows the neck fits very well. Tight but not overly so. A bit like a girl I knew in my youth (I suppose that was inappropriate, bit I'm sure I will find out soon!). Just have to work out how to post the photo's from my phone. I am going to have a whole lot of fun as I approach my twilight years!
    Last edited by Melkor; 18-08-2017 at 05:08 PM.

good stuff Melkor, what kit was it again and photo's please ?
    If the neck fit is too tight then a light sand of the heel is recommended - don't force it

If you can change the title would be nice to add the model and add your name so it's easy to reference for other forumites
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Good luck with it, now let out the secret and say which one you have bought......

It's the lefthand LP with mahogany body. I'm impressed with the quality. As i said, I have to work out how to post the photo's. I'm internet handicapped. Bear (bare) with me.

no worries Melkor, if you have trouble you may need to make the images smaller is the most common problem.
    I love the LP-1M model too, can't beat mahogany

Completed builds

Thanks Wokka, I will get some pics on soon. how
    do I chang the title of the post?

Melkor its been that long since I changed a title, might need moderators to do so, so maybe send Brendan a private message and tell him what title you want.
    Think last time I had to change it you needed moderator privileges

Completed builds

If you simply go and edit the post, there should be a line for the title right at the top of the edit box (under the 'reason for editing' box which no-one bothers to fill in).

Hello all. I have found a small issue with the nut on my kit. It is sitting up on the binding which means it is not flush with the headstock. Adam has offered to replace the kit with a new one but Reckon someone out there would now how can fix it. I still can't work out how to post pics on the forum so I can email a pic to someone if that's okay

You need to be able to reduce the pixel size in a photo editor until the longest edge is a maximum of 1500 pixels. The overall file size also needs to be less than 1GB, so if you've got an adjustable compression level for saving as a jpeg, then try and keep the file size to less than say 800MB. I normally save any edited photos to my desktop (so it's easy to find).

Then pick the 'insert image' icon on the toolbar above the text entry window, select 'From computer', then browse and find the image. Once it's selected, you then need to click on the 'upload file(s)' text below the browse box. You'll probably find that nothing then happens for a few seconds, and then suddenly you'll see a numerical image reference appear on the screen. If nothing happens (unfortunately you don't get an error message), it's because the picture was too big.

Alternatively, host the picture in something like Imgur (but certainly not Photobucket) and add a link to the picture itself (not the web page the picture is displayed on) via the 'insert image' icon. If you tick the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' box, then the image and file size again needs to be less than 1500 pixels and 1GB (as you are basically uploading the image again, just from the remote site, not your PC).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast