Thread: Recommended spray paint brands

Recommended spray paint brands

Sadly it seems as though my choice of spray - Montana's MTN94 - has lost their Australian distributor (phone disconnected/no reply to email). I loved the wide range of colours they offered, and combined with Rust Guard's all purpose primer and White Knight Crystal clear worked a treat (thanks Gav!). Hopefully a new distributor comes to the fore, but until then I'm interested in what other combos work.

I thought it would be good if we had a thread where we could list the combinations of primer/colour/clear that people have had success with. Sticking with the same brand for all three is obviously recommended but there are options. Anyway, anyone got any they'd like to share?
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

Overlord of Music
    I haven't sprayed a solid colour in a couple of years now, but have had excellent results with Anchor paints.

Acrylic based lacquer. Huge range of colours.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Overlord of Music
    BTW, I think MTN 94 is still available at OzGraff

http://ozgraff.com/product.php?id_product=272
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Quote Originally Posted by pablopepper View Post
    BTW, I think MTN 94 is still available at OzGraff

http://ozgraff.com/product.php?id_product=272
    Thanks Pabs. From what I understand it's retailers just running out existing stock until if/when a new distributor is appointed. Sadly I can't find the colour I want at any of the online places here.
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

I came across these guys the other day while searching for "shell Pink"
    Nitro in a spray can in all your favourite Fender and Gibson colours along with tined ones for necks ect.

I've used probably 3/4 of a can do do a tele body and all signs are good, its top stuff!

http://www.sydneyguitarsetups.com