Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hi - Country NSW

Note that none of the PBG Teles are drilled for through-body stringing, if that's important to you. You can drill the holes yourself, but ideally you need access to a pillar drill with a large throat, in order to get the body underneath the drill in the right place and for the holes to be nice and straight. I did it on a body by using a drill stand and drilling through to hole in the base of the stand and managed to get everything lining up.

Pretty sure the TL51 is string through as thats what i had my eye on before picking up the special on the incorrect custom order.

And welcome to the forum.
    #1 LP1-SS
    #2 Non PB Vintage Strat Rebuild
    #3 TL1 - Custom
    #4 ES-12G (now converted to ES-1)
    #5 RC4
    #6 STA-1HT
    #7 Non PB 52 Tele replica
    #8 Coming Soon: 1970's Japanese Les Paul Special Resto.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Note that none of the PBG Teles are drilled for through-body stringing.
    If the machine head drilling is anything to go by, that is indeed a blessing.

cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossc0 View Post
    Pretty sure the TL51 is string through
    You are indeed correct. The TLA-12 is also partly string-through - six strings go through the body, the other six are bridge plate mounted. Some weird stock bridge hardware with that TL-51 kit though. No guarantee that a replacement ashtray bridge would fit the drilled holes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Note that none of the PBG Teles are drilled for through-body stringing, if that's important to you. You can drill the holes yourself, but ideally you need access to a pillar drill with a large throat, in order to get the body underneath the drill in the right place and for the holes to be nice and straight. I did it on a body by using a drill stand and drilling through to hole in the base of the stand and managed to get everything lining up.
    It's all good as my father in law has a furniture manufacturing factory (french polisher by trade) so I have access to a lot of equipment if needed but I want to try and do most of it myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2