Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waves Autotune Plugin $29 USD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Waves Autotune Plugin $29 USD

http://www.waves.com/plugins/waves-t...tune-real-time

It's only on for 24 hours so dive in quick if you are interested.

I nabbed it and gave it a run on a very rough vocal guide track using defaults apart from setting the key and it did a pretty good job

autotune = end of civilisation, no?
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    autotune = end of civilisation, no?
    Yes and no, when playing live what is there in the noisy room is there but in the harsh spotlight of recording 70+ year old voices need some help especially when there are serious health issues and you have 3 or 4 part harmonies to nail.

The health issues are my mates not mine apart from a worn out chassis due to 50 years of flinging cricket balls down at an ever diminishing pace

Dave,

You have no probs running Waves VST's in Reaper?

I bought their SSL Channel Strip when it was on special for $29 a few weeks ago and have no end of problems sorting out their stupid system. I ended up having to use the VST3 version. No big deal, but would have preferred to keep everything in VST2 format. I would really like to get some more of their stuff when its really cheap, but need to spend more time trying to get that one sorted first.

rob

G'day Robin,

No problems running them at all I too picked up the SSL E Channel strip and love it, the install and licensing process is a pain in the freckle though.

Both of my Waves plugins have installed as VST3 which doesn't cause any problems, the PC is Win10 Pro 64 bit running on i5 with a fair bit of ram and I keep all of my software at current release.

Dave, is your SSL E Channel Mono only, or do you have Stereo as well?? It is really a cool plug, and I don't say this often but I love some of the presets, especially CLA's.

rob

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Dave, is your SSL E Channel Mono only, or do you have Stereo as well?? It is really a cool plug, and I don't say this often but I love some of the presets, especially CLA's.

rob
    The SSL & Autotune have both mono and stereo plugins, I use the mono on individual tracks and the stereo on the master.

Obviously the Autotune is not applicable on the master because by the time the mix gets there the damage is done

Thanks Dave, I was a bit disappointed as I could only find a Mono version of the SSL, I'll have to dig a bit deeper it seems.

Thanks mate
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thanks Dave, I was a bit disappointed as I could only find a Mono version of the SSL, I'll have to dig a bit deeper it seems.

Thanks mate
    rob
    I wasn't sure what I was getting with the SSL apart from it have great raps from a few of the professionals over on TDPRI so I nabbed it and when I went to the plugins after the install they were both there so I'm sorry I can't help more than that.

No problems Dave. I might uninstall it and try again. Glad its working OK for you.

Oh well, the joys of computers lol.

I tried putting it on all my mono tracks in a mix I am working on and I am impressed, but with my old pc the CPU hit might be a worry with mega big projects.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast