Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Servicing a Fender SRM 6302 PA Amplifier.

Update 6:

Decided to do a relatively minor mod to the Send and Return sockets in the Diecast box on the end of the FX Loop breakout cable, this basically involved soldering a 2M2 resistor from each socket's tip connection to circuit-ground, this was done to stop loud popping-noises coming through the amp due to a couple of coupling-caps in the FX Loop circuitry, one end of the caps was tied directly to the tip contact of their respective socket, this provided no path for built-up charges on the caps to leak to ground, adding the two 2M2 resistors now provides the path to ground without a detrimental effect on the signals in the FX Loop, I've tested it out and it is still working perfectly.

The wonderful static discharge abilities of the faithful 2M2 are sadly under appreciated.

I unsuccessfully tried to get a 2M pot today from Jaycar.... Seems RS is the only reasonable alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    The wonderful static discharge abilities of the faithful 2M2 are sadly under appreciated.

I unsuccessfully tried to get a 2M pot today from Jaycar.... Seems RS is the only reasonable alternative...

For sure, I could have used a couple of 1M resistors, but when nothing is plugged into the send and return sockets, the two resistors would effectively be in parallel with each other, giving a load-resistance of around 500k, with two 2M2 resistors the load resistance is around 1.1M, both 500k and 1.1M would constitute a relatively light load to the signal coming from the preamp, but since the preamp signal is buffered by a 2N5087 PNP transistor configured as an emitter-follower stage, the loading would have been inconsequential, I went with the 2M2 resistors anyway.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 19-07-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3