Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Kits

Love the SGJnr in mahogany Ads. I'm definitely adding one to the top of my list.

cheers,
    Gav.
    --
    Build #01: BC-1
    Build #02: ST-1
    Build #03: JR-1DC
    Build #04: ES-2V
    Build #05: ESB-4 (GOTM July 2014)
    Build #06: RC-1
    Build #07: MK-2
    Build #08: TLA-1
    Build #09: JR-1DC
    Build #0A: LPA-1
    Build #0B: STA-1 (GOTM April 2015)
    Build #0C: MKA-2
    Build #0D: LP-1M
    Build #0E: JB-1
    Build #0F: FS-1

Find me:
    https://www.facebook.com/firescreek.guitars/
    http://www.guitarkitbuilder.blogspot.com.au/

As a bit of an experiment, I tried swapping the Floyd Rose style bridges of my Hot Rod Strat and my BC Rich Warlock, so now my Hot Rod Strat has the Floyd Rose Special bridge that was in the BC Rich Warlock and the Schaller Lockmeister is in the Warlock, the point of that was mostly to see if the bridges would fit the routing in the bodies of the two guitars, and fortunately enough, they do, it's basically a drop-in fit, so, if anyone orders one of the Floyd Rose Strat kits (STF-1) and is wondering if there's an upgrade for the trem that comes in the kit, yes there is, you can easily swap out the stock bridge for a Schaller Lockmeister (Same like an original Floyd Rose), or, an original Floyd Rose, or a Floyd Rose Special, they will all fit in the body routing, you can order the Schaller Lockmeister from Realtone Music, they come in Chrome, Black, or Gold finishes, you may need to order a 32mm Nickel-Plated Sustain Block if you do since the stock 42mm Sustain Block that comes with the Schaller Lockmeister may be too big to allow enough clearance for the plastic trem-spring cover.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 14-06-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2