Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi there, yes I am new

Hi there, yes I am new

Hi Everyone.
    Just got delivered my first DIY guitar kit from Pitbull Guitars. I am very excited about trying to build a half decent guitar. I bought an ST-1 with maple fret board. Pitbull were nearly the only ones that sold the maple fret board strats.

I have never built a guitar and I hope i have enough patience to build it properly. I have watched many videos on how to build them but it seems that most people have a workshop to work in and seem to have alot of tools at their disposal. I have tried to get as many tools as what I think i need and go from there. My first job is to start sanding, sanding and more sanding. If anyone thinks I should start somewhere else, let me know.

I can play guitar, but am only a chord player. Cannot solo or anything like that.

So that's me. Finger's crossed it turns out ok.
    Thanks for reading.

Don't rush, and if in doubt about something, stop! Ask on the forum here and someone will know the answers.

Welcome to your new addiction
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Welcome and enjoy. The ST is a great place to start, and plenty of builds here to learn from. You dont need fancy tool and will get away with some basic ones - good clamps, sanding block, basic screw drivers and small spanners and Alan keys. A drill is handy too.
    Have fun

Welcome, the ST is a great thing to build and the standard pups can sound great depending on what you are looking for so don't feel the need to upgrade straight up.

Mine does Shadows & Chris Isaac ( James Wilsey ) really well but doesn't go easily into Rory or Jimi sounds all that well but I built it to be the former and not a hardcore blues / rock machine.

Take your time and as others have said ask questions, the only silly ones are the ones that remain unasked

Welcome to the forum! Succes with your build and hopefully you'll open your build diary
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Welcome JBees. I've built two guitar kits and a bass kit so far, as long as you have some large clamps, a hand drill, a sanding block and some sandpaper you've got all you need.

What part of Sydney are you in? There are a few regulars scattered around Sydney.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Hi Fret, thanks for the advice. Come from the Inner West of Sydney. Start the sanding today of body and cutting the headstock out.

8. Liked by: OliSam

Thanks, where/what is this open and build diary? I am going to take photo's and video of the build process.

Welcome jbeesl1!,
    There is a separate section further down the main page that says "My Build Diary".
    Just start a new thread in there, and show off all your photos and ask your questions in there.
    If you put the model number in the thread description, it makes it easier for other people to search for that particular model so they can see other builds and what others have done.
    Good luck with the build!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

Hey Hey! Another Inner Westie! Welcome to the forum, as others have said if you need help, or if you have a question post it up in your diary and the cavalry usually comes a running with good advice, tips, bad jokes and the inevitable thread jacking.
    If its something seriously wrong, or if the forum can't solve it for you or point you the right way, then Adam and Dingo Bass can usually sort out a fix.
    Above all, enjoy building your Axe!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

12. Liked by: OliSam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast