Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Legacy Valve Edition 5 Plus guitar amp.

Not too bad at all Doc, did you wind the amp back to a cleaner setting when you put the pedal in the chain, if not I'd be interested in hearing it

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Not too bad at all Doc, did you wind the amp back to a cleaner setting when you put the pedal in the chain, if not I'd be interested in hearing it

I actually had the amp's master volume set to about half way during the whole of the recording, I was recording the amp demo at night so I had to keep the volume down so that I wouldn't disturb my neighbors , to compensate for it, I needed to adjust the input level on my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 so that I could still get a good recording level.

To further help things, I covered both the amp and the mic with a sleeping bag so that the mic would only pick up the sound of the amp and not any ambient sounds from the room or outside.

At full master volume setting, the amp does get very loud considering that it is only capable of putting out 5 Watts maximum, I'm not sure how efficient the Jensen C10Q speaker is though, but it does seem to make the amp pretty loud.

To get the clean sound, I kept the master volume set to half way and then I maxxed-out the setting of the gain control on the amp and reduced the volume control on the guitar till the amp sounded clean, for the next two parts in the demo I set the guitar's volume to full, but kept the master volume set to half-way, and then stomped on the Rangemaster pedal for the third part of the recording, the thing about the Legacy amp is that it doesn't actually have any channel switching in it, so you have to play with the settings of the gain and master volume controls in order to get different sounds out of it, but I reckon that it isn't a limitation of the amp since you're most likely going to set the amp for a specific sound and then use the guitar's volume to control it.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 08-06-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2