Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: More 12 strings?

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Your propensity for verbosely pontificating the most elementary of points is most vexing. We are by and large a most accommodating and salubrious contingent, who derive great satisfaction in facilitating builds undertaken by inexperienced newcomers. I would take care to avoid sewing the seeds of disharmony and perhaps reflect on how my own attitude engenders the responses of others.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

2. Liked by: JB RETRO

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Apologies are in order--and are hereby made.
    No point exists in building your own guitars in cases where you yourself cannot even play them. But as long as you know, or know of, someone who can play guitars, then that should not be a problem.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    All good, everyone is welcome here and I look forward to seeing your builds when finances permit.

Cheers.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

5. Liked by: JB RETRO

I'm thinking of converting my first kit ( from Guitaraust ) to a 12 string, I feel a need for jangle because I'm cheating at the moment by double tracking my acoustic in octaves and then tight editing to get the sound.

What is the width of the PB Tele 12 string neck at the pocket, my Tuff Dog is 55mm - 57mm in the neck pocket and the one I wish to convert is the same and my Squier Thinline is 1mm narrower @ 54 - 56

This is not getting any use at the moment so fitted with a 12 string neck and converted back to single coils should give it a new life

Edited to add. What price a Tele 12 string neck ??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jDT3eer.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	25710
    Last edited by dave.king1; 02-04-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Unhappy Alas

Sad to say, those finances still DON’T permit.
    No point exists in building your own guitars in cases where you yourself cannot even play them. But as long as you know, or know of, someone who can play guitars, then that should not be a problem.

You are a day late and a dollar short, I am afraid. PB has closed. The forum is still open, however, if you find such a kit elsewhere you're free to post.

You're first post suggests you would pay big bucks, but this post says you can't afford a kits to build. That's perfectly fine, the forum is open to people of all abilities and means. You are welcome here whether you have the means or not. Hopefully at some point you will, and there are lots of places to get a kit.

I would take exception to your signature, and think that it continues to be a bit needlessly provocative. It asserts that there is no point to building if you don't play or know someone who does. This misses the point of what we do here. We facilitate building here. We do not question the point of someone's build. There have been many builders here who were not players. I am sure that some knew guitarists, but probably not all of them. One of the most accomplished artists on the site, Elle, does not play. She was making her first guitar for someone with aspirations to play...but who was not yet a player. I myself made a guitar for my daughter because she wanted a guitar. She has not played it. That's OK. She loves it. I would love for her to learn and maybe she will. But people with aspirations to play sometimes never do. If all she ever does with it is hang it on her wall, and think occasionally that "my dad built that for me." I am fine with it. It is entirely possible to build a guitar just for the joy of creating a musical instrument, or a playable piece of wall art...or for reasons that no one here has yet thought of. Everyone is welcome.

9. Liked by: Trevor Davies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4