Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's DIY pedals

Matt's DIY pedals

Seeing as we have a brand spanking new area for pedal stuff, might as well post my efforts.

http://graybloomfield.com/guitar/category/pedals/

I think my favourite is the 'Ducky von Quackenstein' - it still makes me laugh when I look at it.

Wow Matt, they look sensational. I look forward to obtains as much info from you as I can!
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

So Matt the Brutalist pedal looks awesome and I want one...
    I was thinking you might get a more consistent and result if you used a Hebel block - they cut with handsaws and I bet you could use a router on them... you'd have to toss the bit of course

You showed me these the other day and I'm with Simon I love the duck heads on the Ducky Von Quackenstein.

Cool looking pedals, I like the one that looks like it's casing is made from concrete (Brutalist), and that one in a clear case looks cool too.

Those pedals are a great example of what you can achieve by building DIY pedals, each one is unique, I think it's a great way to personalize your FX pedal board.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 26-04-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    So Matt the Brutalist pedal looks awesome and I want one...
    I was thinking you might get a more consistent and result if you used a Hebel block - they cut with handsaws and I bet you could use a router on them... you'd have to toss the bit of course
    I did think about that sort of approach, but then decided to go the full DIY on it, and pour it with concrete. It was a bit of a nightmare, and took more than one attempt. But I had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Cool looking pedals, I like the one that looks like it's casing is made from concrete (Brutalist), and that one in a clear case looks cool too.
    The clear cases were a few of my early efforts - a word of warning though, if you use a case that isn't metal, you might want to put shielding inside, and make sure any metal switches and pots are grounded. That plastic case pedal I built picks up the local radio station when you touch the switches.

Quote Originally Posted by mjg View Post
    I did think about that sort of approach, but then decided to go the full DIY on it, and pour it with concrete. It was a bit of a nightmare, and took more than one attempt. But I had fun.
    For sure, which is why we do any of this, they are cool

Quote Originally Posted by mjg View Post

Which is what doing any kind of DIY stuff is really all about, fun, that's the main reason why I got into it in the first place, the other reason is that I seem to learn new skills better/easier just by doing it myself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast