Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Howdy from tropical Queensland

Very nice!
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Build diary started for my LP-1SSP...

Thanks!
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

I'm a member of a number of Facebook forums covering a huge variety of topics, many of which are guitar based. On one of the forums someone asked what it was that got you started in building guitars, and below is/was my response...

"When I was about 10yo I pestered my parents to buy me a good guitar that was at least better that the junk thing that I was mucking about on with 1/2 inch action that my uncle left behind. They bought me a Fender F25 Auditorium acoustic on the condition that I took and followed through with lessons. Life and wife and family got in the way and 45 years latter that guitar was gathering dust beside a 12 string and a Strat that had seen better days before the 20 something me took to it with wild modifications. Late last year I suffered a stint in hospital and the doctors said I had to do something but not something that would stress my condition. Wiping the dust off my guitars has been the best thing for me during this period of convalescence, and re-constructing my 30 year old plywood Strat sowed the seed of which today has me on my 7th build in 6 months."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2