Thread: Holes for mounting bridge to close together on SG-1L?

Holes for mounting bridge to close together on SG-1L?

While doing a quick mock build I found that the holes for mounting the bridge on my SG-1L kit seem to bee too close together. The bolts point outward a little bit and it seems I cant press the bridge all the way down due to lack of space. Not sure it shows clearly but I tried taking some pictures. I am aware that the bolts should be set all the way into the body when I'm done. But that would only really make the problem bigger.

Suggestions? Brute force?

Last edited by EstrayLassils; 13-04-2017 at 11:22 PM.

The distance between the holes are 59 mm measured between the inner edges. So 70 mm centre to centre since the holes are 11 mm across.

The holes on the bridge seem to be 72-73 mm apart centre to centre...

Looks like a big mistake at the factory. The centres on the bridge holes are universal (even though the size of hole in the bridge vary). I've got a proper Gibson ABR bridge and a PBG bridge in front of me and the centres are the same. So there's going to be no replacement bridge that will fit the closer post spacing. You could fill the holes and then re-drill them, but you shouldn't have to. I'd email Adam.

The tailpiece fits nicely. Guess I'll just have to send an e-mail and wait for a replacement. Too bad. Was really looking to get into this during the easter holidays.