Thread: Chang Floyd Rose On SV-1 KIT

Chang Floyd Rose On SV-1 KIT

About a month ago I finished building an SV-1 guitar.
    After upgrading the pick ups and electronics components, I want to replace the LFR with an original one.
    I would be happy for advise on the subject.
    I hesitate between the following models:
    1. FR Original
    2. FR Pro
    3. FR 1000 Pro
    Which will best suit the guitar I've built?
    Are they all suitable for the existing routing for the LFR?

The Original is a bulkier and wider trem than the Pro, the Original has a 0.42"/10.7mm, the Pro is 0.4"/10.2mm. So multiply that by 5 and the full string spacing is 2.1"/53.3mm for the Original and 2"/50.1mm for the Pro. I'd measure the string spacing on the kit bridge. Whichever spacing is closest to the kit spacing is the one you need. certainly go narrower than wider, as you may end up with strings off the fretboard. The 1000 series is the same type as the Pro, but just has the Original's string spacing.

So the string spacing determines your choice - wide its the Original or Pro 1000, narrow and it's the Pro.

The FR website had pdfs with dimensions of the trems and routing dimensions, so get the ruler out and do some comparisons with your trem and rout. https://floydrose.com/

I doubt that the routing dimensions will be much different at all, but best to check. The most important thing will be the dimensions between the centres of the post holes. They'll need to match exactly or else you'll need to fill and redrill the holes. Both stud-type and screw-type posts are available for the FR trems, but I don't know if both types come with a trem or whether you have to order the trem with the right type of post.

Quote Originally Posted by ofera View Post
    About a month ago I finished building an SV-1 guitar.
    After upgrading the pick ups and electronics components, I want to replace the LFR with an original one.
    I would be happy for advise on the subject.
    I hesitate between the following models:
    1. FR Original
    2. FR Pro
    3. FR 1000 Pro
    Which will best suit the guitar I've built?
    Are they all suitable for the existing routing for the LFR?

If the bridge routing on the body of your SV-1 guitar is the same as the bridge routing on my Hot Rod Strat, then maybe you could consider replacing the stock LFR with a Schaller Lockmeister, which can be ordered online from Realtone Music:

http://www.realparts.com.au/floyd-ro...lo-chrome.html

The one shown on the webpage is the exact same one I have installed on my HotRod Strat, it seems to be of pretty good quality, and according to Schaller they are basically the same as an original Floyd Rose.

Note that Realtone Music also stock them in Gold and Black finishes as well as Chrome.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 05-04-2017 at 08:03 AM.