Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fender Mustang Bass

Drop Adam an email, you may be surprised at what can be done on a custom order.
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Thanks for pointing that page out george.

Quote Originally Posted by burngeorgesbush View Post
    Basically the main restriction is just body shape.
    De ja Vu. A body without a neck?

cheers, Mark.

No worries. Like I said if you have a bronco and you are keen all you need is a blank and a neck and tools to cut out your shape

Quote Originally Posted by burngeorgesbush View Post
    No worries. Like I said if you have a bronco and you are keen all you need is a blank and a neck and tools to cut out your shape
    So far I've got the 'keen' part.
    Thanks Dedman. When I've formulated a plan I'll be sending Adam an email.

cheers, Mark.

Once I got my 2 p bass builds done I will probably want to do a mustang. But I do have a short scale Hagstrom bass from around 73 that needs a lot of work so I might just finish that off. The mustang is definitely a cool design though and is definitely getting more attention nowadays. Attitudes towards short scale basses being beginners or for guitarists are changing and they are being taken seriously.

TBH it would also be interesting to see 34" scale mustangs being an option and being made. With the skinny body it would look really cool with a long neck

Well it never rains, but it pours...
    Decided to order a short scale neck as the budget for a whole kit isn't viable at the moment.
    It won't show up until August so that gives me plenty of time to work out a solution for the rest.

Meanwhile a used Squier Bronco shows up fairly local on the Gumtree.
    Put in a conservative offer which was accepted.
    Now Ive got TWO short scale basses in the modding pipeline.

cheers, Mark.

Jealous! Just google "squire bronco bass mods". It's definitely a popular model with modders. Seen plenty of mustang builds from these and assorted others. locally all I've found is a full price new one (a little over $400).

G'day George.
    When I took the neck off, the manufacture date was May 2013. Serial no: in the 30,000 range.
    The serial no: on the one I bought for my daughter early this year was 62,000 range.
    Hardly rare, so the odds of picking one up second hand should be pretty good.

cheers, Mark.

P.S. Yes I did see that modding Bronco Forum and what got me wanting one for myself.

So let the process begin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Started.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	19790  
    Last edited by king casey; 01-06-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Definitely not rare, but not super common either. For a stock model I would be looking at around the $200 mark at the most. Considering that all the hardware would need replacement, paint stripped and refinished. My daughter is only 3 and a half so not in a massive hurry. Plus I probably should just get onto my hagstrom bass first as it's been a few years and it's vintage (73)

I'll be upgrading the electrics when the budget has been returned to surplus.
    Meanwhile the first 'cosmetic' stage has been reached.

cheers, Mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bronco Mod.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	19896  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast