Thread: ciao mi chiamo Angelo scrivo dall'Italia

ciao mi chiamo Angelo scrivo dall'Italia

Saluti a tutti i partecipanti al forum .Sono contento di essere quì e mi piace molto la lista prodotti , scusate ma scrivo in italiano poichè non mi riesce in inglese , per me è un lavoro molto avvincente assemblare il proprio strumento , ma adesso ho una domanda e prego gentilmente di rispondere .premesso che ho un aggravio di spese di circa 200euro (spedizione , dogana , nitro , lacca , finitura , carteggiatura etc.)Quanto conviene acquistare un kit JB ? Intendo dire che una volta finito l'assemblaggio e la verniciatura,chiedo : ho uno strumento che vale più di un JB made in mexico ? Non conosco il valore dei legni del kit quindi prego se posso avere info riguardo al mio dubbio .Grazie anticipate se vorrete rispondermi , saluti Angelo

A google translation:

Greetings to all participants in the forum .I am happy to be here and I really like the product list, sorry but I write in Italian as it fails me in English, for me it is a very exciting job to assemble their own instrument, but now I have a question and please kindly respond .premesso I an increase of approximately 200 euros costs (shipping, customs, nitro lacquer finish, sanding etc.) How should buy a kit JB? I mean that once finished the assembly and painting, I ask: I have a tool that is worth more than a JB made in mexico? I do not know the value of the timber of the kit so please can I have information about my doubt .With early if you want to answer me, greetings Angelo
    Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

3. Liked by: Funkaleon

Hello Funkaleon.
    If you email Adam (his address is on the shop site) I am sure he will be able to answer your question.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Hi Funkaleon, you may not even be able to read english, but with the translation above by Rabbitz posted it sounds like you are asking is the timber of the kits worth as much as a mexican build jazz bass?

It all depends what upgrades you want to do to the kit but most people who build do it for the enjoyment and pleasure of playing an instrument they built themselves. If you take your time and ask questions when unsure you can build a very nice jazz bass from a kit. I would suggest a JBA-4 kit is ash timber and has some beautiful grain. If you upgrade some of the hardware you can have a fine sounding bass.
    Here's a pic of my JBA-4 I just finished. It's unfortunate but being overseas you have to add on costs for postage and probably customs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17103748_1320834114650688_7972339543427621785_n.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	18281  
    Last edited by wokkaboy; 24-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

ciao Wokkaboy e grazie per l'interessamento ,credo anchio che il kit è una soddisfazione personale senzaltro , in effetti non ho idea del suono del timbro della giocabilità del manico degli armonici , action delle corde , ho sempre provato uno strumento prima di acquistarlo .Comunque io faccio un tour nella comunità per prendere una decisione , bisogna anche avere abbastanza tempo per assemblare .Bello il tuo jazz , aggiornato eh? se potessi sentire come suona mi aiuterebbe molto grazie ancora e... suona basso .