Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great DIY Microphone Kit S25 As reviewed by Greg Wells

Let me know how your prices are for memory. I know when I used them for Samsung Apple memory they where cheaper.
    Also check out MSY for memory too

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    Let me know how your prices are for memory. I know when I used them for Samsung Apple memory they where cheaper.
    Also check out MSY for memory too

No worries, will do, I just had a win with my Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, basically it wouldn't charge the battery even though the battery was a brand new one I had bought from Battery World (they had to order it in for me a couple of weeks ago), and the plugpack adaptor was plugged into it and was getting mains power, I tried a few things I found on the internet but nothing fixed the issue, then I had a hunch, and as it turned out the cause of the "Plugged-in, not charging" issue was pretty mundane, it was a broken wire connection in the plug that plugged into the power socket on the laptop, I soldered the wire back into place, put some heatshrink insulation over it, used the soldering iron to shrink the heatshrink, and then plugged the plugpack adaptor back into the laptop and mains, the result.....the battery now charges up when the adaptor is plugged in, the wire connection that broke off must have been the one that senses the charge-state of the battery, because it was broken, the adaptor had no way of sensing if the battery needed charging and was probably assuming that it was fully charged up when it actually wasn't.

Who would have thought that one broken solder-joint could cause that much trouble?
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 23-03-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Glad you got the Dell working Doc good repair well done
    Kimball

Glad you got the Dell working Doc good repair well done
    Kimball

Cheers mate, and as soon as I had fixed the issue, I noticed that the laptop seemed to be running a bit smoother, or it must have been just my imagination playing tricks on me, who knows?, anyway I'm happy that I fixed it.

Makes the laptop more usable for sure Doc did you check your memory prices Doc if so how did you get on.
    Best wishes
    Kimball

Makes the laptop more usable for sure Doc did you check your memory prices Doc if so how did you get on.
    Best wishes
    Kimball

Haven't done it yet, I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2