Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great DIY Microphone Kit S25 As reviewed by Greg Wells

Great DIY Microphone Kit S25 As reviewed by Greg Wells

Cheers for posting that, got it bookmarked.

Hey Doc how you doing I know you've struggled with your motherboard and cpu how's it all going now.
    If you need a motherboard I might have one you can have free Doc. Might have a CPU too.
    Last edited by kimball492; 22-03-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimball492 View Post
    Hey Doc how you doing I know you've struggled with your motherboard and cpu how's it all going now.
    If you need a motherboard I might have one you can have free Doc. Might have a CPU too.

Hi Kimball, I'm good thanks, yeah I think that motherboard I was trying to use wasn't really up to scratch for use as a platform for building a Hackintosh, I never did get the installation to work at all, I'm also starting to suspect that the motherboard was a bit flaky, or rather it's Bios, that probably explains why the previous owner had taken it down to the rubbish bins in the carpark.

What mother board are you currently using for your Daw Doc

What mother board are you currently using for your Daw Doc

My main DAW PC, and the one I'm using to get online right now, uses a Gigabyte Z68XP UD3 Motherboard (seems to be working fine), the one I was using to build the Hackintosh was an ASRock Motherboard(the one I'm suspecting of being flaky).

That's a pretty good Motherboard you should be sorted for a DAW pc and games lol how much memory do you have Doc.

That's a pretty good Motherboard you should be sorted for a DAW pc and games lol how much memory do you have Doc.

I've got a single 8Gb DDR3 Ram stick installed in it at the moment, there are another three empty ram slots available on my DAW PC's Motherboard, each ram slot supports ram sticks up to 8Gb in size, so I could max-out the ram to a total of 32Gb, which I'm seriously thinking of doing this year once I can afford to buy three more 8Gb sticks, the one I have installed cost me about $130.00 from Leading Edge Computers.

The CPU is an intel i5 2500 3.3Ghz Quad Core, the power supply is an 850 Watt that Dedman sent to me in the post, that seems to be powering my DAW PC pretty well, I managed to somehow get the two headphone outs on my Focusrite Saffire Pro40 working again, not exactly sure how I did it though...lol.

Memory
    4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
    * Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
    Dual channel memory architecture
    Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
    Support for non-ECC memory modules
    Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

Check your memory prices here try and match up your memory make and spec
    http://megamemory.com.au/

Memory
    4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
    * Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
    Dual channel memory architecture
    Support for DDR3 2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
    Support for non-ECC memory modules
    Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

Check your memory prices here try and match up your memory make and spec
    http://megamemory.com.au/

Cheers, I might do that tomorrow when I get a chance, if they have the same type of memory sticks that I'm using in stock, but at a lower price, I might look at ordering another three sticks from them, I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit (Threshold 2) on my DAW PC, so the amount of memory I have installed will be reported correctly by the OS, it actually says that there's 8Gb installed, but only 7.86Gb of it is useable, I'm guessing that the extra bit of ram is probably system reserved or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast