Thread: Solderless connectors?

Solderless connectors?

Hey gang, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm looking to make my next build feature the ability to change scratchplates easily where all the controls are scratchplate mounted. The only connection that would be a challenge is the ground wire to the bridge, so I want to be able to have the ground wire feature a connector that I can join to the ground wire from the jack in the scrathplate. Something that can easily be connected and disconnected. Can anyone suggest the kind of connector I could use and perhaps where I could source it like Jaycar
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

Overlord of Music
    How about 3 or 4 pin Molex (I think that's what they're called) connectors? Like this...

These should be available at Jaycar, but if not, you would definitely find them at either Wes Components or RS Components.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

All you need is a male/female pair of automotive style bullet connectors, but I think Jaycar only sell them in bulk. Got a mechanic nearby?
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    All you need is a male/female pair of automotive style bullet connectors, but I think Jaycar only sell them in bulk. Got a mechanic nearby?
    Perfect - my eldest son is an apprentice mechanic at Porsche (so I guess they'll have good ones!)
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project

Any auto supply shop (repco, Auto One, etc) will have male/female connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRGuitars View Post
    Any auto supply shop (repco, Auto One, etc) will have male/female connectors.
    Thanks ILR - I'll check them out too.

In Progress:
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project