Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2nd - SG-1F mod to a trip hum!

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzRandom View Post
    So I’ve fixed the pickups in place. Everything else is just seated, she’s going to look like such a beast when she’s done! P.s the Husband got me a nice hard case for her, for my birthday! Winning!
    Attachment 23255 Attachment 23256
    I was following you're sg build on YouTube Shazz was wondering how it was going after you routed the body for the 3rd pup love the purple and chick's who are not afraid to grab a screw driver

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Most stains will penetrate almost anything! If not, just give it a rub with 400 sandpaper to loosen up the fibres.
    I may as well give it a shot cheers swanny!
    Completed builds: GR-1SF - came up a treat!

3. Liked by: Swanny

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    I think the best option for a 3 humbucker layout is to add a 2nd 3-way toggle which allows you to switch the middle pup in by itself or with any combo of the others. But, that would require drilling a new hole for the extra toggle switch and risk your finish.

To keep just the current controls, you're probably better off having a volume for each pickup and a master tone. The volume for the middle pup can either just 'blend' it with the other pups or be a push/pull so you can switch it in/out of the circuit.
    Hmm, seems an easy solution. More food for thought!

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    I was following you're sg build on YouTube Shazz was wondering how it was going after you routed the body for the 3rd pup love the purple and chick's who are not afraid to grab a screw driver
    Heya Phrozin! It’s still going good! Unfortunately uni takes priority over editing videos I have a number of files of the progress and will certainly get them on the tubes hopefully sooner rather than later!
    And thanks, love breaking the stigma, but just love timber/building more!

I hear you Shazz, i done a few videos of my last build but haft to edit them and combine them but video editing isn't one of my strengths, i think its cool your not afraid to get your hands dirty or grab a power tool tell the "boys get out of my way ill do it myself" ill be keeping up with your YouTube vid's

Mentor
    Guys!! I do exist, just a crazy crazy couple of months! Have not touched my beast since before my Birthday in early Nov. I’m hoping in my next uni break (end of Feb) that I will get stuck into her and get her finished.

Was looking through your build diaries on YouTube again this morning Shazz, welcome back... life has it's priorities and Uni must be a big one for you

Mentor
    I’m on break! Hoping to get the schematic sorted this coming week, and hopefully she works!

Mentor
    I’m pretty sure I’ve found the schematic I’m going to use! https://guitarelectronics.com/wdu-hhh3t22-02/ Just about to get started on it! If I get a chance this week, I need to still edit some vids!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast