Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Fender Super Twin.

Update:

I just ordered a couple new stereo Cliff jacks for my Super Twin amp along with some other things from Evatco.

Update 2:

Just did a quick calculation to see how much 6.3V AC heater current the two power valves and the five 12AX7 preamp valves are going to draw from the new power transformer, and it's going to be a total of about 4.5A, so this power transformer looks to be the most suitable one for the job:

https://www.evatco.com.au/374bx-power-transformer

The HT secondary voltage is a bit higher than specified in the SLOCLONE schematics I'm working with, it specifies a transformer with a 360-0-50-360 V HT secondary at 200mA DC, and the new power transformer I have selected has a 375-0-50-375V secondary at 201mA, it does have two 6.3V AC CT/6A heater secondaries, and one 5V AC CT/3A Rectifier heater secondary, so I reckon it's perfect for the job, the original power transformer I made doesn't have a 50V AC bias tap, so the fact that the new one does have one is a bonus.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 20-04-2023 at 10:14 AM.

Here's another question for you, Marcel, in the SLOCLONE schematics I'm working with, the Clean/OD channel-switching is done using opto-isolators that consist of a Led and an LDR, or Light dependent Resistor, a mate of mine who used to do amp servicing told me that those Led/LDR opto-isolators tend not to be very reliable when used in channel-switching amps because they "get the daylights flogged out of them", so, I was thinking of using some 5V relays to do the channel-switching instead of using Led/LDR opto-isolators, that should be quite doable, shouldn't it? I think my Marshall MA100C amp uses relays for it's channel-switching, I'll just need to come-up with a relatively simple to build relay driver circuit that can run on 5V.

Update:

Here's a pic of the wooden cab for my mid-70's non-reverb Fender Super Twin amp, I've currently got it on my makeshift workbench in my little studio room in my flat, so I can do some work on it, I have decided to go-ahead and re-tolex it because the old tolex is looking a bit tatty in a few places, this has also given me an excuse to re-glue all the cabinet joinery with some titebond glue because they are a bit loose and rickety, I'm going to be paying my local Bunnings store a visit next fortnight to buy a few things I need, some titebond glue will be added to my shopping list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Twin Cab_resized.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	295.1 KB 
ID:	44208

Update:

Recently I bought a brand-new Fender amp badge on eBay, and it turned up in the post yesterday, here's a pic I took after installing the new amp badge on the amp's new front baffle I made today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super Twin With New Badge_resized.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	44258

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19