Thread: Calling all members

Calling all members

Hey guys
    I'm here asking all of you extraordinary people to lend me a hand for a couple minutes.
    To cut a long story short I’m looking to start a small business, nothing too complicated. I’m looking to take my hobbies and put them to work (details within the link). Before I get this thing off the ground I NEED to get some real world market research... and that’s where you guys come in
    The link should take you straight to a google survey I set up.
    The survey is aimed at *Australian residents of all ages* (you can just ignore the Australia orientated questions if you don’t live here) and only takes couple minutes to get through so if you could pass it on to anyone in your life who fits that description you would be an absolute legend!

It’s completely anonymous, there’s no accounts or signing in, it’s mostly multiple choice and won’t cost anything.

https://goo.gl/forms/XjNEXN5uqLVU8uFX2

Now I know it’s only loosely based on guitars but that’s because my business plan needs as many viable options for generating income as possible. In truth a lot of the tools and techniques used to make the stuff shown are pulled out of guitar building 101 (I’d love to make guitar stuff a significant part of my business but I’m told diversity is key to small business success)

In all seriousness I would be hugely grateful for any responses I get because EVERY RESPONSE COUNTS.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    GAS implies that the people without a growing collection of guitars are the normal ones.... see it sounds silly now doesn't it?

For a one time donation of just 2 minutes YOU can help a member in need
    GAS implies that the people without a growing collection of guitars are the normal ones.... see it sounds silly now doesn't it?

Hey all
    I’ve got to thank everyone who has submitted the survey so far (you know who you are) I’ve been getting some amazing feedback. Again every answer counts so if you haven’t checked it out yet please do.
    Have a good one guys

Hi Arte I just completed the survey. Best of luck with your business ventures
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

I don't want to discourage you, but rather pass on some experience. Making your hobby , your primary source of income can ruin it as a hobby. In the knife and firearm business there are well connected people with a lot money invested in it that will use those connections and wealth to put every barrier they can in your way no matter how small and insignificant you might think your business is.
    Having said that, being your own boss is the most gratifying and rewarding thing you can do, go for it!
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

thanks i'll need it

Quote Originally Posted by Dedman View Post
    I don't want to discourage you, but rather pass on some experience. Making your hobby , your primary source of income can ruin it as a hobby. In the knife and firearm business there are well connected people with a lot money invested in it that will use those connections and wealth to put every barrier they can in your way no matter how small and insignificant you might think your business is.
    Having said that, being your own boss is the most gratifying and rewarding thing you can do, go for it!
    absolutely, it wont be easy... but who doesn't love an underdog?

thank you very much for your feedback, its all appreciated