Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strat Baritone Conversion Neck??

A replacement baritone neck for a Strat or Tele will assume that the bridge is in the standard Strat/Tele location and the frets are all positioned accordingly (you normally end up with 24 frets rather than 21 or 22 as a result). No movement of the bridge is required. So all that happens is that the pickups are all proportionally further towards the bridge than on a standard scale length guitar, so will have relatively less bass content.

A purpose designed baritone might have a 22 fret neck so the pickups are spaced out more. Then the neck pickup will be nearer that 22nd fret and have a lot more bass in the sound.

2. Liked by: captainbuff

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    A replacement baritone neck for a Strat or Tele will assume that the bridge is in the standard Strat/Tele location and the frets are all positioned accordingly (you normally end up with 24 frets rather than 21 or 22 as a result). No movement of the bridge is required. So all that happens is that the pickups are all proportionally further towards the bridge than on a standard scale length guitar, so will have relatively less bass content.

A purpose designed baritone might have a 22 fret neck so the pickups are spaced out more. Then the neck pickup will be nearer that 22nd fret and have a lot more bass in the sound.
    Nice man, I personally appreciate the information and the instructions pretty much knew this but still like someone else backing up what I thought was the approach. Appreciated man
    Peace
    Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    Pest I was lucky got DB to build my baritone neck. I'd have a look on ebay or check aliexpress.
    here's some pics of DB's magic neck !
    Slight correction there Woks..
    That neck was one I built a while back for a PBG LPjnr body..

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Hey DB, I didn't tell the full story, but I came that day planning to start building a baritone neck and left with a pre-built one ! Most productive arvo I have ever done haha
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

6. Liked by: dingobass, Zandit75

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2