Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Kick's first build LP-1MQ Red Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Kick View Post
    Oh boy... My hands are itching to get on with the Red Widow. And I noticed that BYOG posted her again on their Facebook, also waiting to see how she would look with some clear coats...

Please be patient with me guys and dolls!

Its hard Kick. I understand your pain. I've rushed a build before and vowed never to do it again. Its good that you exercise the muscle of patience.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Its hard Kick. I understand your pain. I've rushed a build before and vowed never to do it again. Its good that you exercise the muscle of patience.
    Waiting? Oh my, we know waiting.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

3. Liked by: wazkelly

Patience? That's what the second build is for, something to keep you occupied while first build is drying
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Haha, you Aussies rock!

I might have some time tomorrow, yeah!! First I have to check the damage to our airco unit on top of the deckhouse (as said earlier, we live on a ship). Apparantly the last storm was to much for the outdoor unit of the airco and I noticed that the complete fan is blown the pieces. I have to check if it damaged the part behind the fan (where the cooling liquid is flooding thrue). If so then we have to go for a new split unit airco. If not, perhaps I can order a new fan and replace that.

And when I have done this I could give the Red Widow some lovely attention. Fingers crossed nothing comes in between
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Update: the fan of the outdoor unit of the airco is blown to pieces and I asked the manufactorer by mail if they can supply me with a new one. Haven't heard from them yet...

And I had time to put on the first two coats of oil to the body and neck. After the first coat I waited for two hours to let it cure and applied the second coat. I waited about 30 minutes and then whiped it all dry. It looked pretty dry already but I did it just prevent any strange blodges or spots. She is starting to shine

Sorry to hear about your airco but happy to see you got some red widow time. I just finished wetsanding mine and now wait for full cure to cut and polish but I am posting some new pics and I sanded to 3000 and it already is looking good. Can't wait to see that red beast completed.

Well some good news on the airco; a fan will be shipped to me and hopefully I have the unit back on work before this weekend because there weatherforecast is giving tropical temperatures for saturday and Sunday...

I just checked the Red Widow and I can feel that the oil is not completely cured. But I guess that's ok because it is better to wait now and continue with the next coats around beginning of next week.

Perhaps I can start with the design of my own trusrod cover and print it on my 3D printer.

Where do you reside Kick? I know you said you on a boat and now tropical weather...you are making me jealous. I live in the mountains of West Virginia..

My wife and I live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We live on a small Coaster (think of the ships in Dealiest Catch) But believe me, if they predict tropical temperatures in The Netherlands it won't last longer than two or three days. After some thunderstorms with rain and hailstorms it's all over and are we thrown back into fall. Typically Dutch wheater

Anyway, I designed my own trusrodcover and printed it with my 3D printer. Together with the spider I printed earlier it looks ehm... Well, it's ok but I do not know what to think of it.

Ok, pictures are better in this case. Give me a minute...

I think for such small items the print quality isn't high enough. Perhaps I can try some sanding to see if they come out somewhat better...

What do you guys think? Do or don't?
    Last edited by Kick; 24-05-2017 at 01:30 AM. Reason: added pictures

I like the look of the truss rod cover, but I think the spider seems a bit off. Is the printed plastic rigid or flexible?

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast