Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best bass type for slap?

Well I set up the Yamaha (the neck was too flat and the frets needed a good polish, plus a lot of nuts and screws were a bit loose), fitted a set of D'Addario Pro Steels (which are nice and bright), put a new battery in it and took it to last night's rehearsal. It was just what he wanted and everyone else complemented him on the sound. So the slap bass sound search is over. The only slight issue is that on the 'slap' songs he normally uses a dropped D tuning, but I said that he could just leave it set up with the E string tuned to D, rather than fit a Hipshot xtender key, though I've just proposed it to him as an option.

Sounds Perfik.... If he only uses it i n D tuning, he wouldn't need a Hipshot.

Hmmm it seems to me, that DB is likely to give any of you suggested any bass that has "speed bumps" a slap...

Col.

I admit that I am an agent of Satan, however, my duties are largely ceremonial.

\m/

I have now discussed this with him. and a Hipshot will be fitted when he has the spare cash. His children (youngest is 22) are rather demanding of his money at the moment.

There is a very specific place for Basses without "Speedbumps" and it is not your average covers band.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2