Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very Blokie language

well said Doc you hit the nail on the head mate !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

Yes, it is a bit of a sausage fest here... but so are most forums to to do with anything woodworking, music etc.
    You will be pleased to know that the moderation team keep a close eye on language and attitudes on this forum and we are very quick to delete comments and if necessary ban members for abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other unnecessary stuff.

Judging by our sales, I would guess that 1 in 5 of our customers are women. To date, I am unaware of any of these ladies being offended or put off by our vids. All of the comments I have recieved from women re our vids have been positive.

However, we will take your observations on board and endevour to improve in future videos.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

1 in 5 customers women DB ? of the 3200 odd forum members I can remember about 5 women builders doing a build diary which would make it about 0.15%

Completed builds

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    1 in 5 customers women DB ? of the 3200 odd forum members I can remember about 5 women builders doing a build diary which would make it about 0.15%
    Just keep in mind, "Customers" does not necessarily mean "Forum Members", and not all members, have actually posted a comment.

Edit: I just had a look at the members list, and rearranged the list by post count. Of the 89 pages of members, there are 57 + 1/2 pages of members who have not made a single post!!
    Last edited by Zandit75; 22-02-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

Wot Zandy sed.
    We do sell a lot of kits to ladies, especially around Christmas, Valentines and Fathers day.
    Forum member numbers are in no way indicative of numers of kits sold.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

good call Zandy I never knew that member list existed ! Sure we can't compare customers to forum members

57.5 pages of members who haven't made a post yet, I had no idea. There could be a much larger percentage of women in that list !

Completed builds

Also as female customer is not necessarily the builder...
    However, we pride ourselves on being an all inclusive family forum, and the more women and kids who participate, the better

Quote Originally Posted by wokkaboy View Post
    good call Zandy I never knew that member list existed ! Sure we can't compare customers to forum members

57.5 pages of members who haven't made a post yet, I had no idea. There could be a much larger percentage of women in that list !
    Yeah, once you know it's there, it's an interesting list to check out. I used to be an admin on another forum that used the same basic principle as this one, so I knew it was there.
    It's even scarier when you start looking at members who have only made 1, 2, 5 or even 10 comments.
    You go to the opposite end of things, and there are only 4 complete pages, and an additional 4 members who have made over 100 comments!!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

You'll also notice that most forum members have a particularly Aussie brand of sense of humour too, which is similar to those forum members who live in the UK, considering that some of our ancestors were originally from the UK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2