Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shae and Baila

Shae and Baila

We have had dogs and cats but since the early eighties we are really into ferrets. As far as I know they are forbidden in certain parts of Australia. To bad because they are incredidable, funny, cute, curious littke fuzzies.

Anyway, this post sucks withous pictures so here they are:

Shae

Baila

2. Liked by: adam

They are both ridiculously cute Kick, sadly in both Australia and NZ they have had a significant impact on native fauna (along with numerous other introduced animals) hence they are viewed with suspicion. They are curious, fearless little buggers and their antics are highly amusing.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

But the strangest thing is; ferrets are domisticated animals. If I should put one out in the wild it will be dead in a couple of days. They might catch a bug or small rodent but the fact is that they cannot survive in the wild and they need us humans to feed them.

I think you countries fear is more towards the polecats. They are real preditors and are excellent survivors.

So our Shea and Baila are totally harmless

The other irony is that they are great for hunting rabbits. And what a bloody scourge they are.....

A couple of weeks ago we took another ferret from the shelter. He was brought there because his previous owner got ill, had to sell her house and couldn't take care of him anymore.

He was actually having a hard time in the shelter and when we saw him we knew we could give him the home he deserved.

So, here is Ahron!

Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Love Ferrets, my Grandfather always had one as a pet when I was a kid..
    The last one was a real sweetheart, loved being patted and spent most of her time wrapped around Grandfathers neck. Must have been nice during winters on the farm to have a self heating scarf

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Awwwww....those ferrets are soooo cute.

Cute ferret family, do the old ones accept the new one well?

@Stan: no. Ferrets are solitary animals so we always keep them apart. All three have their own cage of two layers with hammocks and sleeping bags.

When we are at home there is Always one that is able to run free in house. And we have a 'ferretgarden' which is 8 by 4 meters, has a bamboo deck and is fenced. In there they have a small pond to swim, a large piece of ground with all kind of vegetation so they can create tunnels.

To get an impression see this topic on my ferretforum: https://www.frettenvraagbaak.nl/foru...php?f=13&t=259

There some pics where you see two ferrets. They were brother and sister and they got along together and the only two we ever kept together.
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

I always wanted a ferret, but growing up no one at home would let me, and no one I've lived with since then has been super keen either. Sad, because they're adorable and so good-natured
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast