Thread: For You Guys Looking For A Small Keyboard To Use As A Miidi Controller

For You Guys Looking For A Small Keyboard To Use As A Miidi Controller

Hi Guys if your looking for a small keyboard to play in piano parts, synth or drum parts into your DAW,
    I've just been given a gift by my good lady it's the Novation Launchkey Mini. Great little keyboard, touch sensitive keys and pads, comes with Ableton Live Lite. In the box you get the keyboard and USB cable, your bundle and serial numbers for the various downloadable software. It comes with some different sampled instruments and drums that can be played from the Ableton Live software. You can control this DAW and others from the keyboard.
    It also has a couple of VST plugins Novation V Station and Novation Bass Station. But currently which I wasn't aware of until registering, as of yesterday you get to choose one of the XLN Audio Piano module plugins free. Normally $79.00 US. Which sounds amazing. It was at JB Hifi for $158.00 but they offered to price match the Price of $119.00 as offered by Store DJ Perth. As you can understand, to get it at this price and get the free XLN Piano module is a bargain. They do a larger version but what I needed it
    for is great, also has some amazing string and pad sounds.

https://us.novationmusic.com/keys/launchkey#

https://www.xlnaudio.com/addictivekeys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7792.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	298.1 KB 
ID:	17354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7791.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	17355  
    Last edited by kimball492; 18-02-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: For You Guys Looking For A Small Keyboard To Use As A MIDI Controller

+1 That's the one I use when travelling and I agree that it's great.
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

I've got the next size up (Launchkey 49) which I got so I'd have the physical faders and control buttons as well. It's great, I just need some talent to go with it.

Check far right Madgogm the dont press this button lol

I've got a Launchkey mini and I also have a Launchpad mini too, and I agree, they are great little things to have as part of your studio, I use both of them with the following DAW software installed on my Studio Desktop PC and Laptop:

* Image Line FL Studio 12 Producer Edition.

* Ableton Live 9 Standard.

* Reaper 5.

Both controllers seem to work fine, and the driver software installs with a minimum of fuss.