Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi from Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi to you all.

My name is Kick which might be a funny name when English is your native tongue but overhere in The Netherlands it is also an uncommon name. We had some famous persons with that name in our history but that's about it.

I am 57 years young and I have been playing the guitar since I heard In Rock from Deep Purple. And of course Ritchie Blackmore became my idol and I can honoustly say that the music from Deep Purple but also the music from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep formed me as a person.

I already have four beautiful guitars; a USA Fender Stratocaster (1977), a MIM Fender Stratocaster (1981 re-issue), a Squier Fender Stratocaster Lefty (but setup for righthand playing) and my latest guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul UltraIII.

Due to this latest guitar I got interested in the methods of staining and coloring the beuatiful veneers of the Les Paul bodies. Ik have watched numerous movies on YT and saw some perfect results and also some failures.

Now I am ready to order a kit, a Les Paul kit and my plan is to make it a somewhat dark red with black hardware model. And that is the reason why I registered her because I think I will need some help now and then.

Thanks for reading!

Greetings from Amsterdam!
    Last edited by Kick; 15-02-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Hi Kick, Welcome to the forum. Looks like you made the right choice buying a kit! be careful....its addictive!!
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Hi Kick and welcome. A lot of the regular posters here have a few years behind them. I'm 56 and only started kit building last year, though I've been playing guitar since I was 16. If only I sounded like I'd been playing for 40 years!

It's always best to start a build diary, and document your build with photos as you go along. Hope your build goes well.

Welcome Kick and enjoy the build

Welcome Kick from another new member. I am 3 days into sanding the lacquer off the neck of my Epi Les Paul Studio. A lot of stain and lacquer is evidently easier to the Epiphone employees over sanding out the dimples!
    Good luck with you soon to be Kit-Kick lol
    Last edited by ikeus; 15-02-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Welcome Kick, good luck with the build once you get your kit.
    Scott.

Welcome Kick
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Hi Kick, im coming up for 61, and have been trying to play guitar on and off for a few years. this is the place to be, ive never met a bunch of guys so willing to help us noobs, they can overcome just about anything, and yes making guitars is very addictive, im on my second one and am getting ideas for my next 2!
    Fender electric Fat Strat mim. (Bought)
    Maton Electric Acoustic EM325C
    Pitbull Guitars ST-1 ( finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5970
    Pitbull Guitars SG-2 ( Finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6124

Pitbull Guitars JM-1 (Finished. 2018 June GOTM))http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7150
    Pitbull Guitars TL-1 (In production) [url]https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8676

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'm still in the process of picking the kit and since the shipping costs are rather high from Australia to The Netherlands I'm thinking of buying a kit from a UK based shop. But that might change if they do not have want I want...

The shipping costs do push the costs up, but Adam does do a pretty good QA check before the kits get sent out and very few kit suppliers give the level of service that Pit Bull does. However I know that you can get similar looking kits a lot cheaper than those from Pit Bull once shipping and various customs charges are added on. So I've gone for some of the kits that I can't get elsewhere to justify to myself the extra costs.

Plus very few other suppliers have the helpful community that this site does, which can mean the difference between making a really nice guitar and making something that you really aren't that happy with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast