Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Decent, Cheap HH Guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    Hey B'lark, Artist guitars are great for the price. I've got 6 of them and modded one. I am pretty sure the only show room they have is in Sydney, so you can always take a trip and try out the necks.

another option, and one I am currently doing now, I picked up a cheap squier ($50) and have ordered a HH scratch plate ($14) from China.
    Well I feel like the fact that you bought 6 says pretty decent things about them haha. I'm just far enough out of Sydney that a trip down there is too much of a pain, plus it sounds like the returns policy is generous enough that I'll be able to send it back if I'm not happy. However I did just get an email back saying that they do have a fatter neck, so from that it sounds like it should be ok.

I am also considering the modded strat idea too, if I come across something then that would be viable for sure.

WAIT! WAIT! There was an excellent Pink Bullet Strat at a Pawn shop nearby! I might have to look at that and see if it's still there!!

lol yeah, the brilliant thing about a strat is that they are easy to mod...just change the pickguard!!!
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Yea! I half removed the idea of a strat from the options for this because I am planning another strat build a bit down the track, and kinda wanted something else for that reason, but I suppose if the opportunity arises and the price is right, could be the way to go

Worth having a look at the new Squier bullet Mustangs, hardtail, 2 humbuckers and from what I can see so far dirt cheap (and sound amazing stock) I'm probbaly going to pick one up as a mod platform

Quote Originally Posted by zeromick View Post
    Worth having a look at the new Squier bullet Mustangs, hardtail, 2 humbuckers and from what I can see so far dirt cheap (and sound amazing stock) I'm probbaly going to pick one up as a mod platform
    Oooh they do seem like a pretty decent option. However, they don't seem to be in stock for any Aus sellers just at the moment (from a quick search). Getting a Bullet Fat Strat could be an option too though.

I also got word back from Artist today, and the Gnosis does have quite a chunky neck (it's a bit wider than I'd prefer, but it's still workable) plus the returns policy is STUPIDLY good. So depending on how I go with money, I think I'll be leaning towards that, but the second-hand Squier might still be the go, depending on what I can find.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. I think we have a new contender...

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_b...ne_tbf_dlx.htm

Multiscale for 350 bucks after shipping? Holy pants. And conveniently, standard 6-string Bucker routs.

One of my mates had a Harley benton, Looked pretty good.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Quote Originally Posted by B'Lark View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA. I think we have a new contender...

https://www.thomann.de/intl/harley_b...ne_tbf_dlx.htm

Multiscale for 350 bucks after shipping? Holy pants. And conveniently, standard 6-string Bucker routs.
    They seem to get good reviews too, amazing bang for buck if they are as good as they seem.
    Also an awesome modding platform for upgrades if you want

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    They seem to get good reviews too, amazing bang for buck if they are as good as they seem.
    Also an awesome modding platform for upgrades if you want
    Yea, exactly. It's got me super tempted. And a bit sad that I don't have more money spare to drop on one at the moment haha

I own three of these - they work & play just fine.

There is a Customer returned model with a reduced price - instead of $249 - $174

Name:  85156.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  19.1 KB

https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy...Guitar-w/85156

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast