Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossc0's 1st Build - LP1-SS

Intensifier coat take 2. With the East Coast weather the first coat that was done 2 weeks ago was going nowhere fast, blotch and tacky. So carefully rubbed it back lightly and it basically all just wiped away.

I've had everything sitting in out back room for the last week, and the AC on dehumidify and I've just done a very light coat of intensifier, hopefully this one takes.

No rush I suppose, I'm still waiting on a pickup I ordered at the start of Feb, apparently it lands April 4. Once that gets here If I can't kick on I will be getting testy......

After about 7 weeks of waiting the last piece on my shopping list finally arrived. At the end of the day the wait hasn't cost me any time, as with the weather its taking two weeks for any colour I've been adding to dry, so still not ready to fit it, probably one more week by the feels of it before the 2nd intensifier coat has gone off enough to put on the top coat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DM1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	18598

Name:	DM2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	18599

Name:	DM4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	18600
    Last edited by Rossc0; 08-04-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Ok pissed off now. The eagle eyed amongst you might have noticed this is a bridge pup, F spaced, and Its supposed to be a neck. Oh well, another 7 weeks I suppose until the right one gets here. Pretty sure I ordered the right thing, but got lost in translation somewhere.

Waiting sucks....
    Nr 1: Red Widow LP-1MQ (Finished) ->Diary<-

Ok, back on track. No guitar of the month contender, maybe leave that to the next build :-). Too many glue marks that I thought I had gotten rid off, but hadn't, and quite a few small holes in the veneer. Think I'll give the veneers a miss in the future.

Hardware installed and neck set. Thought I'd set the neck before oiling the back as I'll have to fill a couple of small spaces round the neck pocket, and wanted to oil all in one go to ensure a consistent colour.

Name:	shield small.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	19650

Name:	With Neck Small.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	19651

Your noted flaws and issues aside, its still looking marvellous Rossc0. Thats a strong spalt pattern on the front and you'd be judging harshly on a first effort by saying it wasn't GOTM worthy. Unfortunately there are some utter show stopping jaw droppers posting up for June, so maybe finish "Adjusting" things until next month? Great work mate.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Long way from being finished yet. Probably take me a couple of months from here.

G'day.
    I'm about to start on the back and neck with some tru-oil. Any tips and hints, best way to apply, number of coats, looks like it dries pretty quickly, but is it best to leave it 24 or 48hr between?

Cheers

One down. Many to go.

Name:	1stTruoil.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	19825

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast