View Poll Results: Which is the best Pitbull GOTM for 2016?

Voters
53. This poll is closed
    The results in this poll are hidden.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitbull Guitar of the Year - 2016!

Pitbull Guitar of the Year - 2016!

Its finally here - Pitbull Guitar of the Year 2016!

Ads and I have been discussing the options and we'll be opening the GOTY for those guitars that won GOTM for Jan - Dec 2016.

But wait there's more - do I hear prizes? To make the competition a bit more exciting, Ads has reached into the Pitbull vaults and come up with a prize for the best and runner up guitars. Yep that's right, the best guitar will get a $100 Pit Bull Guitars Voucher, 3 Pack EB Slinky Guitar Strings (choice of 9’s or 10’s) and a T-shirt. The runner up will also score with a $50 Pit Bull Guitars Voucher, 3 Pack EB Slinky Guitar Strings (choice of 9’s or 10’s) and T-shirt.

There are also rumours of a Get out of the naughty room free card from DB (that entitles the holder one trip to Bunnings (or other bulk hardware store) without being consigned to the naughty room) that may be thrown into the mix.

The deal - the winner will be determined by popular vote, with one vote per person, judges decision is final, in the event of a tie, the judges reserve the right to run around like headless chooks and then make a call on the winner etc, etc, etc. Prizes can't be exchanged for money or guitar strings for bass strings and the T-shirt will naturally be a Pitbull guitars T.

I've set up the poll so that it has the month: then the winner (in announcement order). Please bear in mind that there are a range of other photos of the monthly winners in the relevant GOTM entries - just trying to keep the poll as easy to read as possible.

We'll have the voting open for two weeks. So get your votes in and may the best axe win!
    Last edited by Brendan; 28-01-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Tough decision from these entries!
    Current build and status
    First build = JB4 (Complete)http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6692
    Second Build = Non PBG SG (Complete) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6827
    Third Build = Impatiently deciding

A week and a bit to go - 30 votes - surely there are a couple more who'd like to vote?

thanks for the reminder Bman I will get onto voting !
    Current Builds and status
    scratch end grain pine tele - first clear coat on !
    JBA-4 - assembled - final tweaks
    Telemonster double scale tele - finish tobacco burst on body and sand neck

Completed builds
    scratch oak.rose gum Jazzmaster - assembled needs setup
    MK-2 Mosrite - assembled - play in
    Ash tele with Baritone neck - neck pup wiring tweaks and play in

I have voted!

Thanks for hearing my suggestion.

Man It has been tough deciding which one to vote for...
    I just love what you guys are doing here, not only building great guitars on many levels, but also the support that you (we?) give each other.
    I also love the way that the PB crew are only too happy to help out with non PB stuff on their forum.

I hope to build something this year, either a JB or IB5 and although I don't reckon I can go close to any of these fine entries, I'll be giving it my best shot because I'll be doing it for me....

I once asked my father if he only wanted me to do a rough job, he said to me "Son, just do your best........ That should be rough enough".....

7. Liked by: Zandit75

Deed dun bloody tough to choose though, not a rough one amongst the contenders

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Agree Dave. Brendan thanks for the heads up - I don't see these polls through Tapatalk so logged in through my PC to vote.
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

Yeah, was definitely a difficult decision.
    I brought up all of the photos of the builds and just flicked through over and over again, deleting my least favorite each time.
    Admittedly, my decision was based purely on aesthetics, and what build was more attractive to me.
    It started getting really difficult when I got down to the last 4 or 5 entries!
    Acoustics:
    1995 Maton EM725C - Solid 'A' Spruce Top, QLD Walnut B&S, AP5 Pickup
    2015 Ibanez AEL108MD-NT - Laminated Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany B&S, Fishman Sonicore Pickup

Electrics:
    Pitbull LP-1S - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5745
    Carsen Superstrat Rebuild - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6284

Builds in Progress:
    Silent Guitar Semi-Scratch Build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6809

11. Liked by: Muzza

Quote Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
    Yeah, was definitely a difficult decision.
    I brought up all of the photos of the builds and just flicked through over and over again, deleting my least favorite each time.
    Admittedly, my decision was based purely on aesthetics, and what build was more attractive to me.
    It started getting really difficult when I got down to the last 4 or 5 entries!
    How about when you get down to your last couple? This poll really highlights some wonderful build skills its a great set of axes. If ANY of these need a home......
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast