Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An EP with Pitbull guitar/bass

An EP with Pitbull guitar/bass

Hey guys,

I made an EP that uses my bass and guitars from pitbull guitars.
    My two favourite tracks -
    The track "Slip Away" features my J-bass and Telecaster "Plus" (not quite tuned!)
    The track "Change" features my Telecaster "Plus" in the chorus and my J-Bass
    I recommend listening to these two tracks if you don't have time to sit through 30 minutes of average singing or don't care for dancey music

The track "Into The Night" features my J-Bass and my "Starcaster". The other tracks with guitar either have

soundcloud.com/leadlights/sets/birdsongs

I'd really appreciate some comments/feedback. Unfortunately I set myself a deadline so some of the finer points of mastering aren't polished (eg. it fades out too often or there are a few seconds of silence at the end of a track). But as I did all of it myself (all the instruments etc are me) I would really appreciate any feedback - even if it's on like mastering/mixing which I haven't really done properly before.
    Last edited by ihasmario; 21-01-2017 at 06:11 PM.

2. Liked by: JohnH

I'll be honest, its not the type of music I would normally listen to but, you've done a really great job. And don't doubt your vocals they are perfect for the music you have written here.

I've followed you on Soundcloud, I can imagine listening to this while I'm working.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Hey Fretty,

Thanks for the listens, follows and feedback.

What are your favourite bands you listen to? Always looking to listen to new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ihasmario View Post
    Hey Fretty,

Thanks for the listens, follows and feedback.

What are your favourite bands you listen to? Always looking to listen to new stuff.
    What day is it? I own over 700 different cds, records, music dvds, mp3 albums. I'm a very restless listener. I range anywhere from Classic Rock to Blues to Jazz to modern prog to Russian folk music. There is very little in the realms of Opera, Country, Hip Hop or top 40 dance music that appeals to me at all. The last albums I have bought are -

the re-issue of Ron Bumblefoot Thal's "Hermit" album (waiting for delivery on this one.)
    Blackfield's "NYC" live CD/DVD
    Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" (final bought myself a copy)
    The first five Toto albums (one of those Classic Albums box sets)
    Ben Folds Five "Whatever and Ever Amen"
    Rockenfield Speer's "Hells Canyon"
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Really nice stuff. I'd mix the vocals a bit louder - don't be afraid of hearing your voice! It's not always easy mixing your own recordings as it's hard to be objective.

The CD standard originally demanded a 2 second period of silence at the start of each track, not sure if it still does. But don't be afraid of having a bit of silence at the beginning and end of each track.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    The CD standard originally demanded a 2 second period of silence at the start of each track, not sure if it still does. But don't be afraid of having a bit of silence at the beginning and end of each track.
    Hey Simon, thanks for the info. Didn't know that. I knew they all had like smooth transitions but didn't know about the silence. If I ever fix some of the problems rather than move on I'll definitely add these!

Thanks for the listen too

I'm not sure how the standard coped with music that flowed from one track to another - especially live albums with crowd noise in-between songs. I'd imagine they must have changed the standard to cope, - but at least it did start off that way and I do ensure a I put a 2 second silence at the start of my tracks.

This is great! Just the right tempo for me at the minute (I've been listening to Darkher's 'Realms' on repeat - really nice and slow). I agree with Simon that the vocals could be a little louder, but apart from that I really enjoyed it.
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Don't mind that at all, not really my kind of music either but it really is nicely put together.

I agree with Simon the vocals need to come further forward, no vocalist should ever mix because they generally don't like hearing their own voice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast