Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Jb4-m

Very clever idea! Love it when you can draw from other areas for help. Years ago when I was right into flyfishing I used to tie my own flies and some of the best tools came from a dentist's kitbag rather than a traditional fishing shop!
    Completed Builds: #1 TL-1 "Telemaster" (GOTM Oct 2016); #2 The "Maplecaster" scratch build; #3 JB-4 "Bass IV" (co-winner GOTM Jan 2017); #4 ST-1M "Surfcaster" (GOTM Apr 2017), #5 JZA-1 "EC Deluxe"

In Progress:
    Build #6 N1R "Semi-scratch" build
    Build #7 JZA-1 Baritone

The Cavan Project
    The Magnificent Compaņeros

I seem to have acquired a lot of tools I thought would be useful for guitar building that I've never ended up using. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I seem to have acquired a lot of tools I thought would be useful for guitar building that I've never ended up using. Yet.
    One can never have too many tools.......

But now I need yet another tool box and I'm running out of space. Plus they take up guitar storage space!

Man Cave Extension.....
    After all, you have the tools to do it......

Unfortunately I live in the over-populated south of England. House plot sizes get smaller all the time. I couldn't actually fit my car in my garage without taking the wing mirrors off and then being unable to open the doors. UK garages still all seem to be designed to accommodate an original Austin Mini instead of large modern cars (I have a Jag XF), so instead generally become the home for freezers and tumble dryers etc.

Wow. That sux, I don't know weather I could handle the closeness. I have too much space, my main shed is so huge it could easily fit 6 Jags, yet it is so full of junk I can't fit one car in it. There is a 4 bay machinery shed running the length of one side of it, in which my wife keeps show chickens and pidgeons. There is another small shed my wife keeps saddles and bridles and stuff in, and my Motorbike Shed which is barely big enough to work on my bike, as well as a shed for the lawnmower and garden stuff...
    Every one of them is full of junk that we can't throw away.....

If you can make your way from one side of the shed to the other without smashing your knee, elbow and head at least once each on an unidentified bit of metal then you're not using your shed properly!

Overlord of Music andrewdosborne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    If you can make your way from one side of the shed to the other without smashing your knee, elbow and head at least once each on an unidentified bit of metal then you're not using your shed properly!
    I do that every day... my workshop must be magnetic it attracts all sorts of stuff, I can never seem to keep it clear for more than a few days
    Current Projects
    #Planning 5 String Bass

I am obviously using my shed properly....

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast