Hey there folks,

just a quick g'day and introduce myself...

I'm Steve from up on the North West Coast of Tassie and I was lucky enough to be given an IB-5 kit for Christmas by my father.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170105_211825 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	16286

Dad has been a bass player for the last 45-50 years and I have followed in his footsteps I guess and been lurking around the low end of things in various bands in Tassie for the last 35 years.

I currently have only a couple of basses in the stable - with the favorite being an early 90's MIJ Tune 5 string which has been my go to for the last 15 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune n Boogie.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	16285

I alos have a couple of early 70's MIJ Stagg 4 string p basses. One is original and stock, the other one I got cheap and I'm planning to do a bit of a relic job on it, jumbo tuners, split coil p bass pickup, new pick guard and fit it with a set of flat wounds.

There is also a short scale Samick 4 that I'm holding onto for my son to start out on in the next few years.

My main gig amp is a MESA Boogie BASS 400+ amp with a MESA 2x10" cab and single 15" cab.

Backup is a MarkBass 2x10 combo.

So.... I'm really looking forward to clearing a few other small jobs off the bench in the workshop in the next few days so I can get started on the IB-5..... As a first time builder, I'm just hoping to achieve something that is playable and looks neat and presentable I guess..... Use it as a learning experience....

I have been looking at the DingoTone finishes and am currently searching the build threads here to find examples of ash bodies which have used either natural (colorless) with perhaps a grain filler or possibly Bondi Blue...

I do like the darker walnut finishes that I have seen on a couple of IB-5 builds here, but want to do something quite different to my Tune.

Cheers!!