Was quick enough to put my hand up for this kit being offered as a giveaway by Tony aka vh2580 before Xmas which has turned out to be a PBG TL-1AR. Just needs PUP's and for now will use some stock Chinese ones I have spare from the Blue Tele build plus Tuners which will be purchased soon and leaning towards similar stock type units from an Aussie supplier to cut down on postage time. I have some spare 500k bourns pots and orange drops, will buy an Oak Grigsby 4 way switch, Real Parts 6 saddle ash tray bridge plus a couple other minor bits of hardware. I know it might be heresy to have 500k's with single coils but they might just brighten up the stock Chinese PUP's. Always up for a bit of experimentation and shall recycle whatever I can from what has been left over from previous builds. Unfortunately the stock Tele Bridges are not good enough and the 4 way switch mod does provide another useful sound.

Initial thoughts were to do a replica of my Red J Bass but then I started thinking about a natural finish as that has been the one 'look' missing from any electric I have owned over the past 35 years.

Upon opening the box this is what I found....
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	16278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	16279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 9 (mock build).jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	16280

What it looks like damped down....
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 10 (wet front).jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	16281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 11 (Wet Back).jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	16282

Hmmm, mismatched coloured planks used has me now thinking something more dark & sinister.

I loved what Kenfu did on his LP-1S with the spalted maple top and traditional mahogany neck & body using a natural chemical wash and then Arzi produced his awesome Ash Barncaster. For this build I will attempt to do the natural chemical wash using Tea, steel wool & white vinegar and see how it reacts with Alder hoping it comes out quite dark grey/black. If it looks crap plan B has already been drawn up and plan C would end up solid black. Also have a couple of radical bling ideas in mind too, but more shall be revealed on those as we move along.