Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Phroz STA-1M, ST-M, TL-1

Stunning paint jobs.
    Be good for you to pass on your knowledge and experience to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    + 1 for the great work.

I also hope the lathe is OK!
    Lol won't tell you what I thought

McCreed anyone can do it once you know some basics

Colin cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by phrozin View Post
    Hey guys & gals seems I've inherited some guitars to fix my lad got himself a few kits but after 1 Burnt through the clear another he was polishing flew off into my lathe which I've had to completely redo them as he's given up on them told him I would help him but said no which is a little disappointing, here's some pic's and what progress I've made so much for me retiring from painting but he's my boy. For those who don't know Omuine is my lad he's 15

Ok 1st is his ES all I've done on this is put a 2k clear over it and repaired the purfling as was pretty bad and I'm going to polish it for him I think he's done OK with this 1

The next is his Les Paul I've done all this as the body had quite a few cracks in the back which I've fixed and sprayed it in black on the back it has a 2k clear and I will polish it in a few guys

This strat hit the lathe killed the paint I've stripped it back I think its an ash body I'm not sure what ill do whether to stain or do a candy on it I've got candy dark cherry, candy sky blue, candy cobolt blue, candy apple green candy apple red, candy tangerine

this one is Max's squire hard ail strat I've redone the candy tangerine on it as he sprayed it not enough over lap so was streaky this one I wouldn't mind owning it lol its painted in candy tangerine over silver I will 2k clear it in the next couple of day

This has got to be the best colour ive seen in a long time, the tangerine, will keep it in mind for a future build. Gorgeous finish mate.
    Fender electric Fat Strat mim. (Bought)
    Maton Electric Acoustic EM325C
    Pitbull Guitars ST-1 ( finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=5970
    Pitbull Guitars SG-2 ( Finished) http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=6124

Pitbull Guitars JM-1 (Finished. 2018 June GOTM))http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=7150
    Pitbull Guitars TL-1 (In production) [url]https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8676

hey guys just a quick update I've been goofing with this strat today I've given him 4 coats of sanding sealer and lightly sanded between coats with 240grit so we get a good barrier between the lacquer and grain, left it for a day to dry and I've popped 5 coats of Candy dark cherry over that so you can still see the grain of the body instead of filler, primer, base, then candy, and clear this isn't my idea I've seen it done on ESP LTDs, and High-end Ibanez guitars ESP call it see-through Red but can be done with any color candy tint. the secret is the sanding sealer I've done 4 coats as it's an Ash body other woods wouldn't need so many coats but 4 on Ash and mahogany, maple cap 1 coat, basswood 2 coats, my camera sucks on my phone so don't see the full detail of the wood I'm going to put some clear lacquer leave it for a few days sand till i get a good flat surface then I will put a 2k HS clear over it, this would look amazing over a quilt or flame veneer

Last edited by phrozin; 07-06-2023 at 01:53 PM.

5. Liked by: colin2121

More great work phrozin!
    What sanding sealer are you using?

Thanks
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Nice. Goofing around - seems like your back in the game!
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    Nice. Goofing around - seems like your back in the game!

yeah think i been sucked in, though i like doing them missus thinks ill die with a spray gun in my hands lol

hey guys more goofing around the blue 1 is Candy Sky Blue and the red one is Candy Cherry Red not confused with Dark Cherry Red which is between Candy Apple red and dark Cherry red, both over a silver base 3 double header coats, and ill give them a couple of days before I use a new 2k clear, I'm giving a try the stuff is that good nothing can get through it and tough as a rock even a rag with thinners doesn't touch it I'm quite surprised with it, weather here is crazy atm very damp haft to hang them in the bathroom with heater warming them, I quite like the sky blue ordered it thinking ill give it ago I buy all my candy concentrates from perfect pearl in the UK as they are really good product kills the local stuff

Last edited by phrozin; 11-06-2023 at 06:13 PM.

10. Liked by: colin2121

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37